By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TGS] PlayStation 3 SLIM v2.0 CONFIRMED [9/25 NA Release]

CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
Yeah this thing is a new level of ugly. Not that it matters though as its obviously being made on the cheap. Just commenting on its asthetics

I always think these slimmer models look worse (save the revised PS3, I actually thought that looked better - especially with cool colors). The slim, slim PS2 - ugh, detested its look (until it came in Silver, that is :P).

I have a silver PS2 slim.  As for the PS3 super slim I think it looks better in white.  Too bad its only available in Japan but I don't like the D3 controller in white that comes with it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:
interesting no price drop. Sony must be wanting to maximise profits and think its prices, being the same as a new Wii U, will still be competitive.... however, I'm thinking they have too much stock of the old models and simply can't afford to drop the price until those are nearly gone, but they now have excess stock of the new models and need to announce it now at TGS as any later would hurt retail and the holiday build up.

There will be a change in skus with the three variants coming to all areas as well as a price drop before Wii U launches. There has to be. It should end up like the rumor from before: 179, 229, 279.

Yup, the PS3 will get a price drop while the PSV dies on the sideline, because it isn't a smartphone. Right?

right.

pezus said:
superchunk said:
interesting no price drop. Sony must be wanting to maximise profits and think its prices, being the same as a new Wii U, will still be competitive.... however, I'm thinking they have too much stock of the old models and simply can't afford to drop the price until those are nearly gone, but they now have excess stock of the new models and need to announce it now at TGS as any later would hurt retail and the holiday build up.

There will be a change in skus with the three variants coming to all areas as well as a price drop before Wii U launches. There has to be. It should end up like the rumor from before: 179, 229, 279.

It's not the same price as the Wii U...

It's possible that they're waiting for the old slim stock to clear until they drop the price though.

True, Wii U is still a bit more, but the both have a $300 priced model. :P (in Japan its the same)

I was being to lenient on the pricing, Sony's bundles clearly have more at a lower price point. But, I do think they need a bigger gap. I'm not so sure most consumers buying a new console (say they only had 360 or Wii) would consider Uncharted or AC3 bundled for the same price as a new WiiU much of a difference to not go for the brand new console.

I think the fact that the 500GB model at 299 not launching until late October shows that they are trying to slim down stock over another month before reducing prices. They did this same thing before if I remember correctly.

You get a bigger HD and a free game for $20 dollars more from the cheapest slim model I consider that a price drop. I'm sure Sony is going to lower the price in a couple of month.

I know I'm weird, but I like the new model.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

To me the last revision (current slim) is the best looking of them all. I need to see a video that shows what the hell the top is staggered for. Does it slide open or something?

It should still get a fair boost even without a price cut. Anyone remember the 360 S boost at E3 2010?

superchunk said:
Pavolink said:

To me the last revision (current slim) is the best looking of them all. I need to see a video that shows what the hell the top is staggered for. Does it slide open or something?

Yeah it slides open

Jay520 said:
superchunk said:
Pavolink said:

Yeah it slides open

So its old school, snap the disc into the tray? meh that's crappy. Can't believe Nintendo isthe only one who kept auto loading for the full gen.

Pavolink said:

Ye I do aswell. I'll definitely be buying this for uni :)