By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Romney doesn't care about 47% of americans

Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:
Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:

Not saying much because I am tired of reading Badgenome's constant annoying opinions and would rather just analyze the recent polls.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/election_2012

http://electoral-vote.com/

MSNBC of all people actually had a better source of it.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-cycle/49108014/

Essentially what it found was it made pretty much zero difference among TRUE undecideds.

The "More likely" and "Less likely" numbers just due to boring ass partisian sources that were or werent' going to vote for him anyway.

I do not see any reason that that source is more reliable than the others, still I will admit polls vary and that is why I put up multiple sources. It cannot be denied that I the most recent polls do show an increase for Obama in several key states. Both maps show an increase for Obama in the states I mentioned at the bottomn of the post. It is easy to overlook.

Edit: and I added another one for you.

http://www.polltrack.com/presidential

If you listened to the video.  You would of heard why it was more reliable.

So it makes me question whether you watched the video or not.

This is MSNBC here, they aren't trying to hoodwink you... as noted by the entire conversation aftewords trying to spin the details.

Are you looking at the politcal maps or are you just reading the bits of information about Romney I added afterwards.

Edit: The most important thing I see in this is there is not much that is going to sway swing voters. Still if we are discussing this it is some what important.

My main points was that the political map does now show a slightly bigger edge for Obama than a week ago. Now I know this is not perfectly accurate, but I think the political maps are the best source we have towards how the election will play out.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:
Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:

Not saying much because I am tired of reading Badgenome's constant annoying opinions and would rather just analyze the recent polls.

Essentially what it found was it made pretty much zero difference among TRUE undecideds.

The "More likely" and "Less likely" numbers just due to boring ass partisian sources that were or werent' going to vote for him anyway.

I do not see any reason that that source is more reliable than the others, still I will admit polls vary and that is why I put up multiple sources. It cannot be denied that I the most recent polls do show an increase for Obama in several key states. Both maps show an increase for Obama in the states I mentioned at the bottomn of the post. It is easy to overlook.

Edit: and I added another one for you.

http://www.polltrack.com/presidential

If you listened to the video.  You would of heard why it was more reliable.

So it makes me question whether you watched the video or not.

This is MSNBC here, they aren't trying to hoodwink you... as noted by the entire conversation aftewords trying to spin the details.

Are you looking at the politcal maps or are you just reading the bits of information about Romney I added afterwards.

So you didn't watch the video i posted

The polling people I posted actually seraches for very specific part of real undecided people.

People who really are undecided... and doesn't just use most undeicided peope who really are only going to vote for one person.  In political polling there are a LOT of people who have decided their minds, but say they're undecided anyway. 

It's silly but true... some do it for "advantage" reasons.   Others just because they dont' want to be judged as unfair and having their mind made up from the start. (Despite it being anonymous)

What makes you think that Obama Polls in reality weren't related to other things?

Such as QE3... a much bigger event.  Or even basic fake undecideds getting on bored.

Again, this is the liberal equivelent of Fox News taking one poll, that's less favorable to them then others... as fact.  This should tell you something.

Kasz216 said:

The polling people I posted actually seraches for very specific part of real undecided people.

People who really are undecided... and doesn't just use most undeicided peope who really are only going to vote for one person.  In political polling there are a LOT of people who have decided their minds, but say they're undecided anyway. 

It's silly but true... some do it for "advantage" reasons.   Others just because they dont' want to be judged as unfair and having their mind made up from the start. (Despite it being anonymous)

What makes you think that Obama Polls in reality weren't related to other things?

Such as QE3... a much bigger event.  Or even basic fake undecideds getting on bored.

Again, this is the liberal equivelent of Fox News taking one poll, that's less favorable to them then others... as fact.  This should tell you something.

Look your trying to come out and say my source is greater than any other and that is not really a valid arguement just because you believe that. Obviously, the media is biased and no poll is ever without error. No poll can account for all the reason it will be off that is why a plus or minus level of error is required and mandatory. Just because you name a few reasons the polls would be off  does not take away the value of polls done by Rausmen and many others partly because sources of error usually cannot be explained so clearly as you are trying to claim as possible.

chocoloco said:
Kasz216 said:

Look your trying to come out and say my source is greater than any other and that is not really a valid arguement just because you believe that. Obviously, the media is biased and no poll is ever without error. No poll can account for all the reason it will be off that is why a plus or minus level of error is required and mandatory. Just because you name a few reasons the polls would be off  does not take away the value of polls done by Rausmen and many others partly because sources of error usually cannot be explained so clearly as you are trying to claim as possible.

Let me ask you a question... have you yet to watch the video?  If so... you would notice that they do polling criteria and selection that is greater then most polls.

MSNBC's source here (not mine) is greater specifically because they do things most polling companies do NOT do.

That's why it is superior. 

chocoloco said:

Awwwww. You can always come up with a counterargument if you're capable of constructing one. Or, if you're not, you could always just, like, stop reading my posts. Like, whoa!

Around the Network

Many of these are only going to be looked back as distractions. This Romney comment is really not going to change any substantial opinions. Actually most people are only paying attention to the things he said about the "47%", and there is a lot of other things he said that predictiably aren't being mentioned mostly because many of the other comments weren't really damaging. There was one instance where he talked negatively about the Federal Reserve now just printing money and how its not good for our economy.

Then we saw the video come out about obama from 1998 about Obama saying "I actually believe in Redistribution at least at a certain level." This really isn't anything new. We know from the 2008 campaign he was talking with "Joe the Plumber" and said, "when you spread the wealth around its good for everybody". I don't think many undecideds are really affected much by any of these videos. All they do is fire up the left base and the right base. What will cause Undecideds to decide is the state of the country. IE the economy, job market, foreign situation, and a few on social issues whether progressive or conservative.

Much of what has been getting ignored is the job market, economy, and foreign affairs. All of which are really not in a good condition. The debates will and should bring those things back into light as long as there are questions involving them, and the candidates talk about them. Many site the polls as evidence that Obama is pulling away, but its really not the case. When you look at the average of all the polls on realclearpolitics you see that in all of the swing states except Wisconsin that Obama is still polling below 50%. That is never a good sign for an incumbent. historically undecideds mostly swing to the challenger. Undecideds are really voters who are not happy with the incumbent president and are "shopping".

So its not like Romney is somehow doomed. he is running a really mediocre campaign, and much of what the media is covering about him appears to be in a negative light while you will notice there is really not much coverage going on about Obama and if there is most of it is not in a negative light. Mostly we see him at a campaign rally with the crowd cheering, or in an interview with "the pimp with the limp" or some other local radio station. The only tough questions he has faced in a long time were at the Univision interview this past week. Some of his answers were a bit shaky, because I think he was taken slightly by surprise on the tough questions about immigration reform, the attack on the consulate, and the poor job market.

The main issues of this election will and should come out through the debates and coverage from the media closer towards the election. Right now all we seem to be getting are stupid videos and sniping back and forth about things that really will not effect undecided voters very much. Its just the way it is right now.

Nighthawk117 said:

Can we just get on with the debates???

For Christs sakes !!!!

I don't give a rats ass about what this media outlet says or that media outlet says...

Make up your own goddamn mind !!!!!

Don't let someone else tell you what to think or what matters.

Why can't we just wait until the candidates meet in a debate and decide for ourselves. Until then, the polls are nothing but jack shit.

if it only were that simple...

thranx said:

I never we didn't government. We dont need to rely on government for everyday things.

I was merely responding to that. Any of those items were, and can be done with out the government.

No need to go on an anarchist rant. Just because I dont think the government is the end all be all of everything does not mean i do not think it should exist.

So long as the body politic desires society to be a certain way, and individuals don't work together voluntarily to do things, for a number of reasons, the government will do it.  Either the body politic has to either stop caring about such things, or start to do things about them in meaningful ways.

Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:

I would say that, while Electoral-Vote.com does have arguably the best map to follow the election cycle, the site itself is definitely partisan, and if you read it, you should be able to point it out.  There is spin involved with it, in the commentary.  

Player1x3 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Can we just get on with the debates???

For Christs sakes !!!!

I don't give a rats ass about what this media outlet says or that media outlet says...

Make up your own goddamn mind !!!!!

Don't let someone else tell you what to think or what matters.

Why can't we just wait until the candidates meet in a debate and decide for ourselves. Until then, the polls are nothing but jack shit.

if it only were that simple...

There is more than enough information out there to learn sufficiently about Romney and Obama, and other third-party candidate, to make a decision.  Who here expects a reveal so dramatic it will turn things, due to the debates?  Is Romney going to be able to show he is for everyone and not just those who pay taxes?  Is Obama going to reveal anything different?