By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable The Journey Will Silence Kinect Critics, 10 Minutes Of Gameplay

If tis a higher meta then Sorcery, its a victory :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

It looks like an on rails version of Sorcery. It's pretty I'll give it that. But really, first person perspective without being able to strafe or at least side step, no thanks.

SvennoJ said:
It looks like an on rails version of Sorcery. It's pretty I'll give it that. But really, first person perspective without being able to strafe or at least side step, no thanks.

You can. 

I hope Kinect fails to death. Gamers want controllers, not moving our hands or even the whole body like idiots.
Yeah, our bodies will never be ready. Got it?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I thought Star Wars Kinect was meant to do that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
I doubt that. Kinect downplaying is a team sport, especially here.

(...)

Exactly. The Wii has been on the market for more than five years and it didn't silence critics, so there's really no hope for Kinect.

On topic: I have seen Move games that were demanding to the player than this.

Maybe because for that 1% that actually was pretty good on the Wii, which could silence critics, there was still 99% of skunk diarrhea to criticise...

-moderated by amp316-

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I'll at least try it, see if its fun. I was originally excited for this. The rails could be a deal breaker

I played the level they give you and it was rather fun. The graphics are a throwback, and it does remind me of the more simplified Star Wars Kinect. The graphics are more like between the Xbox and the 360. I guess Kinect processing takes a chunk of power. It looks nice, but not as nice as Fable II/III.

Still, I had a quite a good time. It wonder how much it will be like Harry Potter Kinect. For tracking I found it good, and liked that you can throw different spell with your voice, and different arms and styles of movements.

Pushing buttons is fine for some games, but others it's rather fun to have movement and immersive gameplay. I am not apposed to a 'holodeck' and see this as the next baby step.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

On-rails ???

That doesn't look much good imo.

I think it looked better (not just graphically) in the trailers. Especially that enemies respawn that often in the same places seems like a pretty dated mechanic to me.