By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What comes first for WiiU? 3D Mario, Zelda or Metroid?

Metroid, Mario3d or Zelda first?

Zelda 12 13.95%

Mario 44 51.16%

Metroid 26 30.23%

Ice Climbers 4 4.65%

Total:86

Nintendo's seminal big three franchises that the hardcore nintendo fans are usually most excited for are yet to have had any announcements as to when their new and inevitable WiiU titles will be released. So far the one with the biggest gap between now and its last franchise title is Mario Galaxy 2. And with the inherent popularity of mario titles; albeit the 3D titles seldom sell as well as the 2D ones, Nintendo may push for a mario galaxy 3/new 3D mario as the first game. I then believe that metroid will follow closely behind, hopefully being a retro studios project and be released about a year and a half after the wiiU launch, whereas I think the Mario game will come out more likely within the consoles first year. Since we just got a new Zelda I doubt we see another one for roughly 3-4 years.

What do you guys hope to see released, or why do you think one title or the other will be revealed and why so?

Around the Network

no way will 3d mario come so soon after a launch mario. I think they will be cognisant of spacing their franchises out. Metroid could be a suprise project already underway by Retro and Zelda has already been in the works using an already made motion-control engine developed in skyward sword (what they said ate up the bulk of its dev. time).

Also, given what worked last generation for Nintendo, 2d metroid is not out of the equation anymore. We know 2d Zelda isn't out of the equation either, but it seems that is reserved right now for 3ds as that is where the initial "'New' Legend of Zelda" clue came from.

a 3d ice climbers? :P

Metroid. And with wiimote support please.

Makes sense to be since last year we've got a new Zelda, Wii U is launching with a Mario title and we haven't seen metroid since 2008. Other M doesn't count because I say so.

I can imagine there being a new 3D Mario game for next holiday, and maybe even a new Zelda in late 2014. Metroid? Who knows. The fate of the franchise seems up in the air to me. Sakamoto and his team could be working on a new one right now... or not. Retro Studios could be coming back to the franchise that made them famous... or not, especially since Donkey Kong Country Returns was a much larger hit. I'm not even willing to guess at this point.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Metroid lends itself to tablet control and HD

I think Mario will be the first to show up, next Metriod, then Zelda (sadly), mostly based on history of those games' releases.

Not Zelda. I think that'll be a while. Seeing as how we got Galaxy 2 just months after NSMB Wii, that's certainly possible for holiday 2013 although I'd kill for a new Retro made Prime.

UNIRALLY.

Or maybe Nintendo should send Reggie to Konami HQ to buy the Kororinpa franchise.

FUCK I don't even have the words to

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Mario. All rumors point to the next console Zelda game coming out in 2014.