By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Deluxe Wii-U Sold Out ONLINE STORES/ Retail!

Glad I got mine at my closest local gamestop. I really wanted the Delux Edition but they ran out so I settled for the other one. I was surpised they still have some left. Though I had to put in a 50 dollar deposit (when the guy told me I was like O_o in my mind) I have almost no money in my acount now. But thats cool, im going to deposit more real soon.

Around the Network
swii26 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Most consoles are sold out at launch. If its still sold out in 6 months after launch, then it could be 2005 again

Most but not all... I remember seeing lots of PS3s after launch

OMG! Congratulations, you're rich!!!

http://kotaku.com/235204/kotaku-magu-tretton-offers-to-buy-unsold-ps3s-for-1200

robzo100 said:
So if pre-orders are sold out, what does that mean for people like me who will just go to the store that week? I wonder how much is usually reserved for pre-order versus store.

You have about two months to master your hand-to-hand combat skills.  There's always a limited supply in stores on launch day so it will all come down to whether you pick a store with some actual stock, whether the employees are honest enough not to horde that stock, and if you can get there ahead of the next guy to purchase that stock.

I've seen it happen before where you have a ton of people line up and there's only three consoles to sell.  I've gone home empty handed from a few console launches.  Hell, I almost went home empty handed from the Metal Gear 4 PS3 sale.

They are scalping them on amazon.com already. $500+ and $800+

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SVHZO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009AGXH64/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

VicViper said:
swii26 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Most consoles are sold out at launch. If its still sold out in 6 months after launch, then it could be 2005 again

If I only knew that at the time I saw them... 

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

With all the people saying "I bought extra for eBay" I wonder if we'll ever be able to determine actual interest at launch ever again. It kind of screws things up. Probably a lot of professional resellers did the same. Even if Nintendo releases a ton more pre-orders, those people can just cancel.

swii26 said:
VicViper said:
swii26 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

If I only knew that at the time I saw them... 

Penny Arcade tried to get him spit to up money.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/12

Looks like I'm in the minority. I don't see much value in the premimum edition, and think I'm going for the base. 8 gigs should be find for me, I'm not that into downloadable content/games and rumor has it the Wii U will sport 4 USB ports, which should be open to any USB based external HDD right? So if I would need more, I could go that route or the SD card route (Which again, I believe it will have). So for an extra $50 you get Nintendoland, a stand, a cradle, and a sensor bar (Which I already have). Again, not being a smart ass ... am I missing something? Seems like $50 extra doesn't give you a free game (Looks like you're paying for that), it gets you a free cradle and stand sensor bar with 4 times the memory. Is this why the premium edition is sold out? For all the extra storage space? Again, if you guy's tell me I'm nuts, that the extra $50 is worth it and then some, I'll go for it.

Doesn't help I'm more partial to the 'iPod white' color ...

Yridian said:

Looks like I'm in the minority. I don't see much value in the premimum edition, and think I'm going for the base. 8 gigs should be find for me, I'm not that into downloadable content/games and rumor has it the Wii U will sport 4 USB ports, which should be open to any USB based external HDD right? So if I would need more, I could go that route or the SD card route (Which again, I believe it will have). So for an extra $50 you get Nintendoland, a stand, a cradle, and a sensor bar (Which I already have). Again, not being a smart ass ... am I missing something? Seems like $50 extra doesn't give you a free game (Looks like you're paying for that), it gets you a free cradle and stand sensor bar with 4 times the memory. Is this why the premium edition is sold out? For all the extra storage space? Again, if you guy's tell me I'm nuts, that the extra $50 is worth it and then some, I'll go for it.

Doesn't help I'm more partial to the 'iPod white' color ...

I agree, it's not a big deal, and I actually prefer white.

But Nintendo land is a must buy for me... so it's worthy.

(btw, it has SD card compability confirmed, up to 64 GB and any sized HDD)

Thanks for the reply. I was actually doing some early morning errands, found myself across the street from GameStop. Walked in, asked about the preorder and he said what we all know, the premium was sold out but they were still taking orders on the white one. Maybe he was making a sale, or maybe he's on the same page as I am ... either way, everything he said is what I was thinking to myself. Basically, all you get is a stand and a game for $50 extra and more storage. The storage isn't an issue, as he confirmed it will take any HDD. And while I'm with you, Nintendoland will be a must own for me, it'll be a while before I get to it (Like I did with Wii Sports) I was too busy playing Twilight Princess as my first game. This time, I'll be busy with Zombiu.

He confirmed they would sell it as a stand alone game, currently listed at $60 in their system. But he feels it'll go down to $50 ... this is Nintendo however. I'm quite certain you get the game for $50 only if you buy the premium console, everyone else $60.