By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Deluxe Wii-U Sold Out ONLINE STORES/ Retail!

Yridian said:

Looks like I'm in the minority. I don't see much value in the premimum edition, and think I'm going for the base. 8 gigs should be find for me, I'm not that into downloadable content/games and rumor has it the Wii U will sport 4 USB ports, which should be open to any USB based external HDD right? So if I would need more, I could go that route or the SD card route (Which again, I believe it will have). So for an extra $50 you get Nintendoland, a stand, a cradle, and a sensor bar (Which I already have). Again, not being a smart ass ... am I missing something? Seems like $50 extra doesn't give you a free game (Looks like you're paying for that), it gets you a free cradle and stand sensor bar with 4 times the memory. Is this why the premium edition is sold out? For all the extra storage space? Again, if you guy's tell me I'm nuts, that the extra $50 is worth it and then some, I'll go for it.

Doesn't help I'm more partial to the 'iPod white' color ...

It really depends on your downloading habbits and if you want Nintendo Land. Other than that the base model is pretty good. I preordered the premium model but I will only ever need those 32GB if they let me play those damn Virtual Console games on the uPad.

OT: There should be additional rounds of preorders in the future. Usually stores take only those preorders they definitely know they will have on launch day and later on when Nintendo gives them their actual shipment numbers they will take more. This is just retailers being cautious. At least it should be.

Around the Network

The only reason I went with the higher end model is because I wanted a black Wii U. That's it. None of the other stuff matters to me in the slightest.

"While Nintendo fans are cheering and lighting up discussion boards around the world, talking about how incredible it is for pre-orders to be sold out roughly one day after they started, I'm not going to get too worked up over this news. Everyone seems to have forgotten that GameStop hit their PS3 pre-order cap the same day they started. In fact, the PS3 was sold out in minutes...both models. And they were priced at $499.99 and $599.99. I don't think I need to remind anyone how the first years of that console's post-launch life went."

http://www.wiiuonly.com/2012/09/at-gamestop-wii-u-deluxe-sold-out-in.html

thats a cool piece of negativity you brought us here buddy

gamestop prolly didnt order much ps3 cuz they know it wouldnt sell that much at that high of a price.

Around the Network
Yridian said:

Thanks for the reply. I was actually doing some early morning errands, found myself across the street from GameStop. Walked in, asked about the preorder and he said what we all know, the premium was sold out but they were still taking orders on the white one. Maybe he was making a sale, or maybe he's on the same page as I am ... either way, everything he said is what I was thinking to myself. Basically, all you get is a stand and a game for $50 extra and more storage. The storage isn't an issue, as he confirmed it will take any HDD. And while I'm with you, Nintendoland will be a must own for me, it'll be a while before I get to it (Like I did with Wii Sports) I was too busy playing Twilight Princess as my first game. This time, I'll be busy with Zombiu.

He confirmed they would sell it as a stand alone game, currently listed at $60 in their system. But he feels it'll go down to $50 ... this is Nintendo however. I'm quite certain you get the game for $50 only if you buy the premium console, everyone else $60.

Zombie U and Nintendo Land are definitely two titles that I would wanted, so I'm glad Nintendo decided to use them as pack-ins, so I at least don't really have to buy one of them. I think I also want Super Mario, Black Ops 2, Rabbids Land (which I hear is too funny) and Rayman Legends. I'm going to help make Nintendo rich this holiday season.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Indeed. I just checked all our (Swedish) online retailer and it was sold out everywhere here as well.

what? i just kollade cdon.com och de säger inget om att man inte får förboka. bokade själv en svart Wii U den 14de

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ninetailschris said:

ALL SOLD OUT!

IS 2005 coming back again?

Don't you mean 2006?

You know what would be cool?

WiiU bombing at launch. That way, those people who bought 4 WiiUs end up with a product you can find everywhere and thus, end up losing money.

morenoingrato said:
You know what would be cool?

WiiU bombing at launch. That way, those people who bought 4 WiiUs end up with a product you can find everywhere and thus, end up losing money.

The stores from which they purchased the systems very likely have a 30-day return policy; more than enough time to return the systems without incurring a loss.