By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Have Finally Decided My Gaming Purchases for This Gen.

I was having alot of difficulty deciding what console I will buy this Gen, I knew I would get a Wii, but I was not sure about my HD console... After serious thought I have come to this conclusion.

Between March and When I graduate from College in May I will buy my Wii, I have been waiting because well, I could not find one over christmas, and I do not have time during the semester to play. When I purchase it I will get MP 3, SMG, SSBB and MK(if it is out) with it. I have Zelda: TP for cube, so I will wait until it becomes a best seller to pick it up.

Now this is where it is difficult to decide, I like the Libraries(and future library's) of both the PS3 and 360... but all of the games I really want for the 360 on PC and the PS3 is too expensive.

So here is the plan, my laptop turned 4 this week so I need a new PC, I am going to build and powerful gaming PC/ Multimedia PC, using about 1400 dollars including a 19-22 inch monitor. This way I can get CoD4, and Oblivion(the only 360 games I want) and replace my PC in one shot...

I will wait a year or 2 until the PS3 has dropped in price to around 200-250 and then buy it, for the BR and the PS3 games I MUST HAVE (GT5, FFXIII, MGT4, GTA4)

I plan on the Wii being the console I buy 60% of my games (With selecting certian titles for PC, and PS3)

I have no interest in Halo at all... so that is why I do not need a 360...

So what do you all think about my plan?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

fine choice, I too have a wiiPC set up and am very happy with it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Good choice, I wish I had 1400$ to spend, new video card, PS3, more ram, new hard drive.

Sounds great :).. Even though you hate Halo it's likely to come to pc eventually so even if you do like it there still would be no point.

and pass up edf 2017? you're really missing out on that one , and you'll miss out on the 360 breaking on you like mine just did

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

That's pretty much my plan too, but I'm upgrading my PC before I get my Wii. I have to wait long for SSBB anyway being in the UK.

WiiPC setup is one of the best you can get, although I am biased in this matter. :) :) :0 :)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Good choice.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

me too, i am happy with my wii, ps2 and pc set up, still waiting for another price drop form ps3 to make me a ps3 owner

Even if you don't like Halo, it will be coming to PC anyway.

Seems like a good plan.