By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Wii U price is right, but expect price cut soon~ Do you think the price is too high?

flagstaad said:
superchunk said:
2013 price cut? I say 90% no. I leave 10% because we have no strong confirmations on what the next systems will have or likely price at.

Well, it does not need to be formal price cut. Nintendo could (in theory) sell the "deluxe" version without NintendoLand for 300 dollars next year and it is a reduced price from the current one (And I would buy it inmediatly).

You know you get more than a $50 game for that $50 increase in price for the bundle right?

4x the flash memory
stands for console and gamepad
charging stand for gamepad
inclusing in the special digital discount offer through 2014

Its worth $50 easily.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

You know you get more than a $50 game for that $50 increase in price for the bundle right?

4x the flash memory

Its worth $50 easily.

Plus it is more black than d21.

sethnintendo said:
superchunk said:

4x the flash memory

Its worth $50 easily.

Is that possible?

superchunk said:
sethnintendo said:

Is that possible?

I think it is considering I always thought d21 as white till he showed his pic of him pimpin it in front of his explorer on what car do you drive thread.  My first response was... You are black???  I just thought he was Zapp Brannigan.  Check one for random memory that I was able to bring up...  Marijuana doesn't destroy the brain completely.

sethnintendo said:
superchunk said:
sethnintendo said:

Is that possible?

I think it is considering I always thought d21 as white till he showed his pic of him pimpin it in front of his explorer on what car do you drive thread.  My first response was... You are black???  I just thought he was Zapp Brannigan.  Check one for random memory that I was able to bring up...  Marijuana doesn't destroy the brain completely.

Even more odd is that he's a black cop. Kinda an contradiction. :)

Around the Network

I am not sure why I was modded for stating obvious conclusions.

Of course this is a Nintendo thread where logic and reason tend to be endangered species.

Unless the deluxe model is down to $199 by next fall, the U is going to get buried between 360 on the low end and 720 on the high. Even at $199, that won't be enough to win the holidays.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
people was saying vita price was amazing when annouced, then 3ds drop the price and vita price was horrible ...
if sony or microsoft drop the price of ps3 and 360 guess what people will say ?

Price is amazing because Nintendo set the price?

superchunk said:

4x the flash memory

Its worth $50 easily.

Yes I know:

4x the flash memory (that is what I like and the main reason I want the deluxe edition)
stands for console and gamepad (don't care)
charging stand for gamepad (nice addition)
inclusing in the special digital discount offer through 2014 (don't care)

I want the 32GB and the black color, but I also have to pay for NintendoLand and other stuff I don't want. I will gadly pay 320 for a black deluxe WITHOUT NintendoLand, but that option is not available. So I will wait and see, by the time the launch windows games are out I should have the console but don't know which version.

The prices are fine, and no way will we see a price cut before 2014. If anything, Ninty will probably introduce a new bundle for next holiday season with one of their big titles, or maybe increase the amount of flash memory.

I can't see either the 720 or PS4 launching with a $299 SKU next year, unless they are only marginally more powerful than the Wii, so no need for a price cut until the next gen is in full swing in 2014.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I think the price is right! getting the premium pack myself!

you're wrong as usual!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(