By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Comfirmed for the Wii U! So like the 3DS, the Wii U just won this coming Gen!

z101 said:
Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Mario, Bayonetta ... all exclusive for Wii U.

It's funny that the Wii U already won next gen in japan while the competitors are not even out yet.

And by competitors you can say just "Sony"

Microsoft is dead on arrival. They will never have a chance with the japanese market. Xbox360 stands at 1.5 million for the course of 6 years on sale. 

I'd like to know why MS even bothers to sell their console there.

Around the Network

Wii U won in japan till Q1 2014, until then Nintendo will dominate the country.

Prime minister?meh! Iwata is the new ruler!

pezus said:
Chandler said:

Nintendo did Crossplay before it was cool. Remember GBA <--> GC. No, my sarcasm detector is not broken, just sayin'

Also, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate is Monster Hunter 3G HD in Japan and a release game alongside the amazing NSMBU? Japan is pretty much secured now for Nintendo. There will be no war.

I was not aware of a GBA - GC crossplay ability, as I hardly saw the GC with my own eyes before I started to frequent the internet. No one I knew had it. Which games supported it?

You guys aren't going far back enough. N64 Transfer Pak. Pokémon Stadium.

You could play your GB Pokémon games on your tv screen, or you could "import" your party from your GB game into Stadium. Pretty amazing feature for its time.

yeah the wii u has a lot of this gen won with this game; i'm totally buying it!!!

I hate to be a pessimist, because I want the Wii U to do well, but Japan is handheld land, so who's going to buy it on Wii U when they can get it on 3DS instead? This won't do much IMO.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
I hate to be a pessimist, because I want the Wii U to do well, but Japan is handheld land, so who's going to buy it on Wii U when they can get it on 3DS instead? This won't do much IMO.

The Wii game sold over a million units in Japan. Who knows what cross-play will do? Maybe to a Japanese gamer the only thing better than Monster Hunter on the go is being able to play your "on the go" Monster Hunter game on your tv in HD when you want to.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

The Wii game sold over a million units in Japan. Who knows what cross-play will do? Maybe to a Japanese gamer the only thing better than Monster Hunter on the go is being able to play your "on the go" Monster Hunter game on your tv in HD when you want to.

Tri on Wii didn't have to compete with a PSP multiplat of the same game at the same time though.

curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:

Tri on Wii didn't have to compete with a PSP multiplat of the same game at the same time though.

This obviously isn't about competition. 3G HD is a port for a console that hasn't been released yet of a game that came out last year on a console that now has a Japanese install base nearly on par with the PS3's. If they're "competing," the HD version has already lost. Hard.

But it's not competing. It's feeding off the 3DS version. The ONLY reasons to buy 3G HD (so far) are the upgraded graphics and the cross-play with 3DS. Neither of those functions are affected by a PSP port. People are either going to buy 3G HD or they aren't -- maybe some people who already have the 3DS version will buy it for the cross-play. Maybe some people who weren't interested in the 3DS version will be more interested in this console version. Just be sure that this game will sell something. Maybe not a million. But even Portable 3rd HD sold 500k, and I see no reason for this not to sell similarly.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:
the_dengle said:

This obviously isn't about competition. 3G HD is a port for a console that hasn't been released yet of a game that came out last year on a console that now has a Japanese install base nearly on par with the PS3's. If they're "competing," the HD version has already lost. Hard.

But it's not competing. It's feeding off the 3DS version. The ONLY reasons to buy 3G HD (so far) are the upgraded graphics and the cross-play with 3DS. Neither of those functions are affected by a PSP port. People are either going to buy 3G HD or they aren't -- maybe some people who already have the 3DS version will buy it for the cross-play. Maybe some people who weren't interested in the 3DS version will be more interested in this console version. Just be sure that this game will sell something. Maybe not a million. But even Portable 3rd HD sold 500k, and I see no reason for this not to sell similarly.

Did it give the PS3 anything more than a small, brief hardware sales bump though?

It's too early for this thread to die!

I can't wait for some HD hunts with fellow VGCers using the pad for the hud display and allows for (vid?) chat while we slay Pink Rathian (if she's even in the game).

Man, this game will be a RIOT when it comes out.