By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Comfirmed for the Wii U! So like the 3DS, the Wii U just won this coming Gen!

Kenology said:
It's too early for this thread to die!

I can't wait for some HD hunts with fellow VGCers using the pad for the hud display and allows for (vid?) chat while we slay Pink Rathian (if she's even in the game).

Man, this game will be a RIOT when it comes out.

Sure will!

I will play a lot single player (maybe 2 player with my neighbor) in portable form, but I'm also pumped to get online on the Wii U!

Around the Network

If they don't upgrade the graphics beyond just adding HD resolution, it won't look much better than Tri on the Wii.
Yeah, you'll get better shadows, but the textures will probably be worse.

Not that it matters much; gameplay is what makes Monster Hunter awesome, and I will be buying this day one.

One thing they could do (but they won't) is split screen just like they showed in COD - one person gets the TV, the other plays on the pad.

Local multiplayer is so much better, and this resolves the issue of having to buy two copies of the game.
But it's asking too much from Capcom

VicViper said:

Sure will!

I will play a lot single player (maybe 2 player with my neighbor) in portable form, but I'm also pumped to get online on the Wii U!

That's exactly my plan too.  I'm gonna solo it on my 3DS when I'm out during the day or on the train and when I'm home, I'll transfar and jump online to hunt on the Wii U version. 

Man, I cannot wait.