By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Suck it Libya! Death valley is now the hottest place on the planet! By the way America basically just went to war again......Will it never end?

babuks said:
brendude13 said:
babuks said:

But Obama and others are only condemning the muslims, not the main culprits who tried to breach the peace.

You have got to be kidding me.

No, I am not. You want justice, condemn both of their work. If you are a rational human being, why would you support that film which can cause breach of peace? Islam does not support criticising dead people, cause they are not alive and can't criticise you back. 

If someone abuses my parents or anyone I love and on sudden provocation I hit him and injure him, it is not an offence in the eye of law. I don't know about US laws, but it is a principle in common law. You can't provocate other and expect peace.

Because free speech is a human right. Not being offended isn't. Ergo, I will not condemn somebody's free speech over somebody's reaction to being offended.

Actually, the thought of condemning free speech actually offends me. I might go and attack the local US Consulate for the Hillary's/Obama's comments on the film.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

U.S. launches wave of unmanned drones to patrol the skies over eastern Libya to search for terror camps, while an elite team of Marines is also being deployed to the region to safeguard Americans.

This's almost nothing, US drones killing people on a constant basis in Somalia and nobody bother to report it in MSM (and we're talking about thousands of victims here already). I hoped for smth bigger. Seems like a poor effort to save face. Damn elections!

Funny thing here is terrorists, namely Al-Qaeda the Mahgrib wing, were used as a secondary force only behind gangs from Cyrenaica to dethrone Gaddafi, and now they are seeking for... terror camps. Good way to shoot oneself in the foot :D

Is this him?

spurgeonryan said:
PullusPardus said:
brendude13 said:
The attacks were nothing to do with Muhammad, they're just butthurt over temperature records.

honestly ,they're nothing to do with anything they're just fucking idiots trying to cause shit in 9/11.

Well the sure as hell picked a hell of a day to do it! But it was no where near as bad as 9/11. I think Obama is just overeacting just like Bush did countless times. I would give my left testicle if Obama and Romney both lost the race.

Off topic:

How long before America makes 9/11 a National Holiday?

If America ever gets overtaken by Muslims, 9/11 will be the new Christmas.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

spurgeonryan said:

It's official: California's famed Death Valley now holds the world record for the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth.

One of weather's most iconic and hallowed statistics, the Earth's all-time warmest temperature -- supposedly set 90 years ago today at a remote spot in the Libyan desert -- has been deemed invalid: New analysis of past weather data found that record of 136 degrees to be incorrect.

The new record, which was formerly No. 2 on the all-time list: the beastly 134-degree reading measured on July 10, 1913, in Death Valley, Calif.

"This is as symbolic a mark for meteorologists as Mount Everest is for geographers," says Christopher Burt, a weather historian with the Weather Underground, a private meteorology firm.

The Libyan record from 1922 was determined to be invalid because of the combination of a poor weather instrument, a location in a bad spot for accurate readings and an inexperienced record-keeper.

Based on these findings, an international team of climate experts from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) invalidated the 136-degree reading measured at El Azizia, Libya, on Sept. 13, 1922.

LOL!!! You're actually happy about this record?

I get to live in 40C+ (104F+) temperatures almost everyday for roughly 5 months. It is usually averages 45C (113F) during June, July, and August, and maybe 50C (122F) few days a year not to mention several sandstorms (These are all shade temps of course). Oh, and let's not talk about entering your car after parking it under the burning noon sun. Trust me it's not pretty DX

I just came back from 42C outside. Thank GOD there is something called Thermodynamics (Airconditioners :P)

Wow 57c (134f) is bloody hot!

But, I think America provoked this recent muslim insurgency across the middle east (protests were not just in Libya, but Egypt, Iran and Lebanon too), that film, was incredibly offensive. I am atheist and I found it offensive! It's no wonder we are seeing scenes where American ambassadors and flags are being destroyed. I'm sure there would be similar outrage, if a movie was made depicting America or Christianity in this way.

The Innocence of Muslims http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RagKWM8ldk

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
babuks said:
brendude13 said:
babuks said:

But Obama and others are only condemning the muslims, not the main culprits who tried to breach the peace.

You have got to be kidding me.

No, I am not. You want justice, condemn both of their work. If you are a rational human being, why would you support that film which can cause breach of peace? Islam does not support criticising dead people, cause they are not alive and can't criticise you back. 

If someone abuses my parents or anyone I love and on sudden provocation I hit him and injure him, it is not an offence in the eye of law. I don't know about US laws, but it is a principle in common law. You can't provocate other and expect peace.

Because free speech is a human right. Not being offended isn't. Ergo, I will not condemn somebody's free speech over somebody's reaction to being offended.

Actually, the thought of condemning free speech actually offends me. I might go and attack the local US Consulate for the Hillary's/Obama's comments on the film.

That would be your misunderstanding of 'freedom of speech'. Abusing other religion is not a good thing to have. Freedom should be for good reason. I hope you understand things as they should be.

The fact is a stupid film was made by some random mentally lacking individual who should have known better that this would spark outrage based on past events in the religious realm. however even though it being said the film is idiotic and quite offensive to muslims, this individual is still practicing his free right to speech. That is part of the US Constitution. Someone could do the same thing by making something extremely offensive to Christians, and it as been done...

Some examples:

The offensive Jesus art depicting a sexual act: Warning offensive material...

http://open.salon.com/blog/fred_pirone/2010/10/07/jesus_art_and_oral_sex_a_brief_look_at_enrique_chagoya

Crucifixion of Christ in a cup of "urine":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Even though this individual made something highly offensive it isn't against the law. Muslims should have a right to protest, however as we have seen some have destroyed United States property at these embassies, let alone actually killed Americans. That is absolutely outrageous. Any human being should know that killing a peaceful government official for the offensive remarks of some other individual is reprehensible and those said people should be judged in courts for their acts. But what also is uncalled for is the destruction of peaceful Government facilities in these countries. Fine if they protest, but we see them breaching embassies and destroying property for something that a citizen did under the law of free speech.

Sending US warships dosn't seem necessary however I do agree that security should be enhanced at other embassies. It would only make sense. And I find it hard not to think the attack at the consulate in Libya was just the result of some random protests. people had RPGs in this attack. Its pretty clear that this was a planned attack is in all likelihood. Especially being on 9/11. I don't buy that just being the result of a video. As for all of these riots, If government property is damaged those who did it should be held responsible for damages.

EDIT: It now appears the film creator has been apprehended by the Fed for investigation:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_EGYPT_FILMMAKER_PROBATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-09-15-06-44-20

It also looks like Al Qaeda has encouraged muslims to kill more U.S. diplomats over the film:

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-yemen-urges-muslims-kill-u-diplomats-070834271.html?_esi=1

babuks said:

That would be your misunderstanding of 'freedom of speech'. Abusing other religion is not a good thing to have. Freedom should be for good reason. I hope you understand things as they should be.

"Freedom should be for good reason?". WHAT?! Freedom, in and of itself, IS the reason. It is not me who misunderstands what freedom of speech is, but you.

SamuelRSmith said:
babuks said:

"Freedom should be for good reason?". WHAT?! Freedom, in and of itself, IS the reason. It is not me who misunderstands what freedom of speech is, but you.

Then you, my friend, should not have any place for 'defamation' in your law. Do you have it? YES! Does it restrict your freedom of speech? YES! Does it punish you for malpracticing freedom of speech? YES! 

You got your answer.

Way to waste money Obama lol