By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do Wii 1st party exclusives sell more than P$3 and Xbox$60? - A Comparison

Tagged games:

well I think the main reason that Nintendo games sell so well is because they're Wii games. I mean, no REAL gamers buy the Wii, it's all toddlers and grandmas, and most of them buy the Wii Sports games because 'lolmotioncontrols', they buy Wii Fit because they're pretending to be getting in shape, and Wii Play because it came with another controller at a time when getting a controller was hard.

Then there's MAriokart and New Super Mario Brothers Wii, both of which are easy to pick up, 4 player games.

seriously, would ANY of you actually buy Wii titles because you want to play them? Wii fit maybe, but that's not really a game, that's a digital workout trainer. I may have enjoyed my Wii Bowling time, but I certainly wouldn't have paid for it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

well... half of those games are bundle with the console... the only notable sells are Mario galaxy games and Mario kart (this was bundle too though..)

So i insist.. the Nintendo's list is The Best "Sellers".. because those WiiPlay and others games where bundle with the game.. even If you don't wnated you should buy a console with one of those games!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

lol the worst selling Wii game (on the list) sells more than the best selling game on PS3

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

lol @ the wii list. I mean really. If those kind of games are needed to be considered a success than i love failure. Glad i like games and not sales.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

LOLing at all the hate - and the excuses.

Especially the whole "they put Wii in the title" thing. University of Phoenix on-line MBA student if I had to guess.

--

Face it; Nintendo exclusives slaughter the competition.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Roma said:
lol the worst selling Wii game (on the list) sells more than the best selling game on PS3

i am sure all ps3 users are jealous from that top 10 list

of course Wii Sports is the best game ever

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I've been called into this thread on matters of gross generalizations that border on stealth trolling.

Keep it clean, people.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:

What? What was that?

you were saying?

It's not out yet, so irrelevant. Plus, it does not say PS3 in the title :/

I'm glad this  laughable cherry picking won't apply to ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U because the titles are not Zombie Wii U and New Super Mario Bros. Wii U.

When someone realizes that NSMBU is gonna sell like 30M and can't use his cherry picking to downplay it, even his avatar's Afro will fall down.

You know what, i'm backtracking on my prior statement. This thread is a trouble magnet, and i've cleaned house (granted that's only one bannable post and a lot of borderline crap from both sides), but now i'm locking the thread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pezus said:
S.Peelman said:
Jay520 said:

Actually, the Wii isn't that much higher than the PS3 & 360. When you exclude any games with 'Wii' in the title, the list would be virtually identical.

I'm sure if the PS3 had games with 'PS3' in the title, they would sell as much as those Wii games. The difference is: Sony doesn't implement dirty tactics for sales like Nintendo does. Sony wants to earn success. That doesn't include putting the name of the console in a game's title to mislead consumers.

The only reason Wii games sell so much is because game have the word 'Wii' in their title.

Well that's convenient.

Just exclude Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play, Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus to make it seem like less of a slaughter. Contrary to popular belief, only Wii Sports was significantly bundled. Even then, it stopped being bundled (primarily) a long time ago.

I can maybe give you Wii Play at the most, because that was bundled with Wiimotes (but not all of them) in the beginning.

Mario Kart was massively bundled, and so was NSMBWii. I'm sure they would have sold a lot on their own but denying they were bundled when they were  is not the way to go.

Mario Kart wasn't bundled at all until it had already sold over 27 million. NSMB was over 22 million.

If I remember correctly Wii Sports Resort was the first bundled game in addition to Wii Sports (though it had sold around 25 million before it was)... it may have been at the same time as MKWii, or a few weeks before... but not after. I don't think NSMB was bundled till they brought the red console out (or am I mixing it up with that 25th anniversary thing)

Anyhow, in terms of the percentage of bundled sales, I think LBP, GT5:P, Motorstorm and Resistance are probably similar to MKWii and NSMB.