By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In all of Lance Armstrong's Tour de France victories at least the top four riders behind him have been linked to doping. Yes, I do call out hypocrisy here.

it's what the rules say though isn't it for me which is what you should go by,have they stripped armstrong of his titles i'm not up to date

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Adding the phrase "That is dope" to this thread... and now stepping out of the thread.

okr said:
chocoloco said:
okr said:
Hypocrisy? Do you still think they'd award his titles to the runner-ups. Won't happen.

I am saying it is hypocracy to even consider taking it away when the majority all dope in the sport. In fact, I say it is firmly rooted as a part of the sport.

Still trying to detect the logic in your posts.

Congratulations though: Jan Ullrich agrees with you. He recently said that he doesn't want Armstrong's 3 Tour titles where he finished 2nd. He said Armstrong was still the best, no matter how it happened, i.e. Armstrong was the best in a race of dopers (your and Ullrich's opinion) or Armstrong doped better than the others (my opinion).

Doesnt' really matter. Either way: None of these assholes (from A to Z, Armstrong to Zülle) does deserve any title in my opinion.

And just for the record: I think they all doped in this sport before (e.g. Indurain) and after Armstrong. Oh wait, no, not the British of course. Sportsmen through and through. Just ask future Sir Bradley Wiggins. They're currently on top due to a perfect mixture of diet, training and British fairplay. Or something like that.

i say,hang on old chap,let them bask in the glory like armstrong and the other golden greats until they get proved to cheating by other cyclists,scientist and all that.fair play and all that

Above & Beyond

I dont see how he can be tested cleanly over 400 times and yet still be done for doping...

It's not like that anymore, though. This year I'm certain the top 5 are clean and have never done drugs, as is the same for last year. This issue resurfacing shows how far the sport has come, yes, but it also paints a bad image for the sport yet again...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

you have to try and clean the sport up somehow or up to date anyway,not everyone is a cheater/doper but tour cycling has its history/culture of this obviously

armstrong was a real media golden boy though wasn't he but rules are rules

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
I dont see how he can be tested cleanly over 400 times and yet still be done for doping...

It's not like that anymore, though. This year I'm certain the top 5 are clean and have never done drugs, as is the same for last year. This issue resurfacing shows how far the sport has come, yes, but it also paints a bad image for the sport yet again...

I  doubt  it has changed at all it was not that long ago and trends do not change so quickly. The fact is that a lot of sports use steroids it just is not in the media so much. In the US mostly, body building, cycling, and baseball are known for performance enhancing , but really it is everywhere.

Stop supporting the recession of human life. We need people that are willing to push everything to the limits. They need to be free to do so and praised for there accomplishments. Not everyone needs to live to be 100 years old.

If we continue to push down those that make a difference, we will end up destroying ourselves. The rules in place are not always right, all you have to do is look back in history. Many times, to grow an industry, and advance quality of life, rules have to be broken.

And do not say that these are just sports, because, these, are, just, sports. If you want to go back and strip titles, and defame people of the past, then be prepared to strip most every hero from every country in history. You'll be hard pressed to find one major heroic success story that does not have have some lying, cheating, or stealing.

P.S. This is not a pro Lance post. This is a, I eat ice cream for breakfast, and fast food almost exclusively. I play baseball without a cup, and like to take batting practice without a helmet. I love riding motorcycles, and going out 4x4ing. I find enjoyment, in mountain climbing, scuba diving, bungee jumping, and sky diving. I like to live life, and I am not worried about what it will cost in the end, and I don't want people to one day say others can not enjoy the same risks I take for fun.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

My solution
give all riders the same performance enhancers and see who wins
legalize it