By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In all of Lance Armstrong's Tour de France victories at least the top four riders behind him have been linked to doping. Yes, I do call out hypocrisy here.

crissindahouse said:
chocoloco said:

Just thought I would recommend the documentary ,"Bigger Stronger Faster," to all those that might wonder about what really happens in with steroids in the USA and how commonly it is used in all sports. It made me agree with the film makers final point that perhaps that when everyone is doing it you cannot fault those that do it. If anything I say it is the fault of those that do not dope and do not win. The film used to be on Netflix, but unfortunately I cannot find it now.

yeah but doping is unhealthy and works very different from person to person and i hope we will never come to the point to say people officially "if you want be good in sports, dope!"

you have to do it if you want to win because others also do it but i still hope they all get punished hard if they get catched, it's their problem then, they didn't have to be a sportman, they could have still done something else. no reason to complain for them if they get catched.

The bad thing about it is it so easy to get steroids. You can buy steroids legally off the internet in US and I would assume it is pretty easy to get in other countries. I never would say people should say if you want to be good at sports use performance enhancing drugs, but I do think that many trainers and coachers have a strong no doping policy in public, while in private they secretly give out performance enhancing drugs all the time. The idea that you need to dope to be the best is already around in many sports it just hidden to the public for obvious reasons. I just wish it could be brought to light more so people see that it is a reality that cannot be stopped.

Around the Network

@chocoloco

yeah it's also easy to get it in germany. there is always someone in a fitness studio who can get it for you if you really want to and i would say in other countries it is even more easy.

chocoloco said:
crissindahouse said:

sure, i would say of 180 at tour de france, 160 are doped^^ i believe armstrong could even legally take testosterone because of his cancer which should have helped him even without illegal doping. not sure if he used it but he could.

New sources say the USDA has proof of his use of performance-inhancing drugs via retesting done on his urine. Though I do believe the tests are testing for drugs that they were not testing at the original time. Hence, why I say even if Lance used drugs to win, it is hypocritical to take away the titles when the majority do dope, as you even put forth.

Hypocritical to take his titles and give it to another doper, sure. Give it to that guy in 23rd place.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Hypocritical to take his titles and give it to another doper, sure. Give it to that guy in 23rd place.

Then they should do this to everyone, even in team sports. Say goodbye to all your favorite teams world championships. And you damn well know that would never happen giving it to a 23 finisher. They might as well call off the event because the majority have doped in pro cycling at one time.

chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:

Then they should do this to everyone, even in team sports. Say goodbye to all your favorite teams world championships. And you damn well know that would never happen giving it to a 23 finisher. They might as well call off the event because the majority have doped in pro cycling at one time.

Helps that i'm not especially invested in sports, but you figure giving it to someone low-ranked would really burn the major athletes' egos in a more effective and lasting punishment.

yielding to doping would just make the whole system more about the science of the drugs rather than actual athletics. Think of it like modern warfare: modern armies are all reasonably well-trained, but the training or the gumption or the raw ability of average soldiers has dick to do with who wins battles and wars nowadays, it's all about weapons tech and logicstics and such, which is okay, because war isn't supposed to be fair. Sports, however, are nominally supposed to be.

Around the Network

Hypocrisy? Do you still think they'd award his titles to the runner-ups. Won't happen.

okr said:
Hypocrisy? Do you still think they'd award his titles to the runner-ups. Won't happen.

I am saying it is hypocracy to even consider taking it away when the majority all dope in the sport. In fact, I say it is firmly rooted as a part of the sport.

Mr Khan said:

Helps that i'm not especially invested in sports, but you figure giving it to someone low-ranked would really burn the major athletes' egos in a more effective and lasting punishment.

yielding to doping would just make the whole system more about the science of the drugs rather than actual athletics. Think of it like modern warfare: modern armies are all reasonably well-trained, but the training or the gumption or the raw ability of average soldiers has dick to do with who wins battles and wars nowadays, it's all about weapons tech and logicstics and such, which is okay, because war isn't supposed to be fair. Sports, however, are nominally supposed to be.

Okay so if the My little Ponys won a rainbow racing match using steriods and all the other teams including the pokemon used them. Should they lose the prize.

Seriously though, I am not saying they should have to do it. I am just saying that if they are going to give it to a 23rd place finisher than you might as well declare no winner.

chocoloco said:
okr said:

I am saying it is hypocracy to even consider taking it away when the majority all dope in the sport. In fact, I say it is firmly rooted as a part of the sport.

Still trying to detect the logic in your posts.

Congratulations though: Jan Ullrich agrees with you. He recently said that he doesn't want Armstrong's 3 Tour titles where he finished 2nd. He said Armstrong was still the best, no matter how it happened, i.e. Armstrong was the best in a race of dopers (your and Ullrich's opinion) or Armstrong doped better than the others (my opinion).

Doesnt' really matter. Either way: None of these assholes (from A to Z, Armstrong to Zülle) does deserve any title in my opinion.

And just for the record: I think they all doped in this sport before (e.g. Indurain) and after Armstrong. Oh wait, no, not the British of course. Sportsmen through and through. Just ask future Sir Bradley Wiggins. They're currently on top due to a perfect mixture of diet, training and British fairplay. Or something like that.

chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:

Okay so if the My little Ponys won a rainbow racing match using steriods and all the other teams including the pokemon used them. Should they lose the prize.

Seriously though, I am not saying they should have to do it. I am just saying that if they are going to give it to a 23rd place finisher than you might as well declare no winner.

If i didn't care, i wouldn't be here. Neither do i especially disagree; voiding the wins is more improtant than giving it to anyone else, the key is the burning disincentive, the ability to eliminate past achievements.

patronizing other users (let alone mods) is bad, mmkay?