By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The original Crysis: still the best looking game ever?

(Internet glitch double post)

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Though on the flip-side, you console-only folks are missing out on the true nature of what Crysis looks like. Between the PC versions and console versions, it's not even night-and-day, it's 1990-and-2000. Even Vanilla runs laps around it.

I personally think it's a VERY minor difference, more like Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3.

If you compare the console version to Vanilla PC Crysis on high/medium, I'd agree. Maxed out it's more like Gears of War 1 to Killzone 3.
 (And with the best mods, like Halo 2 vs Reach)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcKLjgWl7tM

Thanks to this thread (and the steam sale of Crysis Franchise for 17 bucks) I went and picked up dual GTX 670s.

I loved the first crysis back in 2009 when I played it on a GTX 470. Lets see if 3 monitors and 2 generations of GPUs make it better. :)

CGI-Quality said:
brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Though on the flip-side, you console-only folks are missing out on the true nature of what Crysis looks like. Between the PC versions and console versions, it's not even night-and-day, it's 1990-and-2000. Even Vanilla runs laps around it.

I personally think it's a VERY minor difference, more like Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3.

Crysis 1 on PC vs console very minor difference? No. Vanilla, perhaps (even then, it's a stretch). Mods on, there's no point for discussion.

I just don't see the gap. I didn't mention mods and I don't think I should because they're not official. Also, I haven't found any mods that have made Crysis look better without rediculous contrast, lighting and motion blur changes that do more damage to the aesthetics than good.

Do you have any mods that make the game look more realistic without silly contrast, lighting and motion blur changes?

disolitude said:
Thanks to this thread (and the steam sale of Crysis Franchise for 17 bucks) I went and picked up dual GTX 670s.

I loved the first crysis back in 2009 when I played it on a GTX 470. Lets see if 3 monitors and 2 generations of GPUs make it better. :)

I thought you were out of the ultra high end triple monitor game?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:
brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Crysis 1 on PC vs console very minor difference? No. Vanilla, perhaps (even then, it's a stretch). Mods on, there's no point for discussion.

I just don't see the gap. I didn't mention mods and I don't think I should because they're not official. Also, I haven't found any mods that have made Crysis look better without rediculous contrast, lighting and motion blur changes that do more damage to the aesthetics than good.

Do you have any mods that make the game look more realistic without silly contrast, lighting and motion blur changes?

Crysis 1 is definately the best looking console game. Just got to the bit inside the wierd mountain with no gravity. No console game is close to this. It is a notch up fom every Conole game Ive played. GOW3, Geow3, Killzone 3, UC 2.

Only Crysis 1 touches photorealism in places. ( in places not all game. ) and the lighting is a step up from any console game. Where I  am now is truly amazing.

think against modded Crysis PC console is far behind. against official released and patched PC Crysis its not that far off. Cryengine 3 remake definately helps the 360/PS3 versions come much closer to the original Crytek patched game. 

brendude13 said:

That comparison is pretty poor as it only uses the High settings not Enthusiest for the PC version, and crytek publicity shots.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

pezus said:
^Not to mention the crappy resolution :S

I think the sub 30FPS for most of the game is the bigger issue for the console version. I don't really like the high contrast over bloom of the console versions ether but that is an asthetics thing.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

^ Yeah, I found the contrast/lighting in console Crysis annoying and step backwards from the original.

My issue with alot of these crysis mods is that they always have one of these issues which makes it think its ugly. Not bad graphically but just ugly and unplayable.

1: the contrast is that high it makes it look like it was shot with a really cheap camera phone, ehh
2: Its really blurry
3: Over use of motion blur
4: Choppy animation.

Some of these issues may have to do with the conversion process from in-game to video footage but ehh.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st