By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! Overworld confirmed in New Super Mario Bros U - Forest of Illusion is back!

We don’t have all of the information from Game Informer’s New Super Mario Bros. U cover story, but we do have a smattering of details and images. Screenshots can be found in the gallery above while the new information has been posted below.

- Dozens of levels scattered across one giant map
- Sometimes breaks from the large map to zoom in on areas such as the Cookie Dome or Forest of Illusion
- Map can be panned around in its entirety and seamlessly explored at any time
- You’ll sometimes be allowed to choose between several choices as to which world you want to explore next
- Boost Rush mode: offers more challenge, auto-scrolling
- 7 worlds confirmed by Game Informer: Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters (tropical), Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert (complete with melting desserts), areas similar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a tornado
- Bowser has kidnapped Peach yet again
- Boom-Boom is at the end of the mid-world fortresses
- Koopalings are at each of the castles

Source

Around the Network

Boost Rush looks awesome!

looks great
i didnt have the intention to buy it, but now im really tempted

One big overworld and multiple paths a la SMW just raised my interest level for this game considerably. One of the worst aspects of the NSMB series thus far IMHO was the self-contained and incredibly linear "overworlds" that only served for going from point A to point B, and were a huge step back from the likes of SMW and even SMB3.

Hopefully there's even more secret areas and paths in this game as there were in SMW.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ohh snap imma a lil hype now boi!!!!

Around the Network
VicViper said:

- Bowser has kidnapped Peach yet again

OMG Spoiler >.<

I guess they read my post about NSMB2. They just need to get a Super Mario World like Map and leave everything else as planned and the metascore will instantly jump up by 10 Points. NSMBU 92% Metascore confirmed.

Edit:  Hmm auto scrolling levels...I hope the athletic theme is back, I love it.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I love auto scrolling levels in Mario!
Veeeery curious about Boost Rush! Must be super challenging too

Pleeeeeeease let there be achievements

sounds pretty good! I skipped NSMB2 but now I am kinda hyped for this!

EDIT: I just hope that it's not going to be as easy as 3Dland...

Now I kinda looking forward to this, need to see more but this might be the first New Super Mario Bros I'll buy

Nintendo and PC gamer