By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! Overworld confirmed in New Super Mario Bros U - Forest of Illusion is back!

Now the only thing I need is the UPWARDS KICK again (turtle shells etc.) . I would cry a river.

Around the Network

the game looks beautiful...the only thing I'm still worried about is the difficulty

JazzB1987 said:
Now the only thing I need is the UPWARDS KICK again (turtle shells etc.) . I would cry a river.

This, to the tenth power.

I can't believe they ever took that gameplay feature out considering how creatively it was used in SMW.

TripleMMM said:
Bloody hell, the torpedo bills are back?! Swimming just got dangerous again...

About the trolling, the lad just said it's not his cup of tea, I'd say that's fair enough.

The reaction came from him being so disinterested in the game that he couldn't resist coming into the thread...

When you or I don't like a game we just ignore a thread created for it, not go in and tell everyone how much we dislike it.  When folks go out of their way, it can be interpreted a certain way.

More new info!

- Three Yoshi variations
- Pink Yoshi: inflated with a GamePad/Wiimote shake
- This can take Mario even higher than the flying suit can
- Pink Yoshis don’t help in horizontal movement
- Large surface area useful for collecting a bunch of airborne coins
- Gold Yoshi: shake the controller to light up the immediate area
- Also stuns nearby enemies
- Gold Yoshis show up in the Fire Snake Caverns
- Blue Yoshi: can shoot bubbles
- Can ride the adult version of Yoshi in numerous levels
- Yoshi can still eat breaks
- Collect five to fill a meter
- This rewards Yoshi’s rider with a power-up
- Camera pans out a bit in co-op
- This helps you see hidden star coins and pipes that you normally wouldn’t come across in single-player
- Boost Mode: Place up to four floating platforms at a time
- Use the GamePad touch screen in Boost Mode to pop friends out of bubbles, stun enemies, make it easier to reach the flagpole, manipulate environmental objects, swat Paratroopas
- Turn on Boost Mode by powering up the GamePad – that’s it
- Players will go through pre-selected packs of levels in Boost Rush Mode
- Collecting coins makes the auto-scroll faster
- Limited amount of lives given at the start of each pack
- Dying doesn’t reset the clock

http://nintendoeverything.com/index.php/98424/new-super-mario-bros-u-game-informer-detailsupdates-to-details/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
More new info!

- Three Yoshi variations
- Pink Yoshi: inflated with a GamePad/Wiimote shake
- This can take Mario even higher than the flying suit can
- Pink Yoshis don’t help in horizontal movement
- Large surface area useful for collecting a bunch of airborne coins
- Gold Yoshi: shake the controller to light up the immediate area
- Also stuns nearby enemies
- Gold Yoshis show up in the Fire Snake Caverns
- Blue Yoshi: can shoot bubbles
- Can ride the adult version of Yoshi in numerous levels
- Yoshi can still eat breaks
- Collect five to fill a meter
- This rewards Yoshi’s rider with a power-up
- Camera pans out a bit in co-op
- This helps you see hidden star coins and pipes that you normally wouldn’t come across in single-player
- Boost Mode: Place up to four floating platforms at a time
- Use the GamePad touch screen in Boost Mode to pop friends out of bubbles, stun enemies, make it easier to reach the flagpole, manipulate environmental objects, swat Paratroopas
- Turn on Boost Mode by powering up the GamePad – that’s it
- Players will go through pre-selected packs of levels in Boost Rush Mode
- Collecting coins makes the auto-scroll faster
- Limited amount of lives given at the start of each pack
- Dying doesn’t reset the clock

http://nintendoeverything.com/index.php/98424/new-super-mario-bros-u-game-informer-detailsupdates-to-details/

Only 3 Yoshis!?  I mean I know SMW only had 3 but eh, I guess I just like colors and wanted more variety int erms of color.  Didn't NSMB have a Turqoise?  And I'm still a little confused about the baby yoshis.  In one level if you shook the controller the pink yoshi would inflate and because you were *holding* onto it, you flew up with that yoshi.  But when he eats enemies and grows up, then how will it look when he inflates?  Or do the baby yoshis not grow up?  I hope they do but we've seen no picks of that yet.

robzo100 said:

Only 3 Yoshis!?  I mean I know SMW only had 3 but eh, I guess I just like colors and wanted more variety int erms of color.  Didn't NSMB have a Turqoise?  And I'm still a little confused about the baby yoshis.  In one level if you shook the controller the pink yoshi would inflate and because you were *holding* onto it, you flew up with that yoshi.  But when he eats enemies and grows up, then how will it look when he inflates?  Or do the baby yoshis not grow up?  I hope they do but we've seen no picks of that yet.

Yoshis don't grow up in this game.

They stay as babies with powers.

This is the opposite of SMW - where the babies do nothing until they grow. Probably the only ridable Yoshi is the green one shown on pics, maybe others colors too, but only for cosmetic changes, like in NSMB Wii. The only doubt is if the babies eat stuff. (EDIT: yes, it's confirmed they eat enemies and that they run away too when an enemie hits you)

VicViper said:
robzo100 said:

Yoshis don't grow up in this game.

They stay as babies with powers.

This is the opposite of SMW - where the babies do nothing until they grow. Probably the only ridable Yoshi is the green one shown on pics, maybe others colors too, but only for cosmetic changes, like in NSMB Wii. The only doubt is if the babies eat stuff. (EDIT: yes, it's confirmed they eat enemies)

Well, hold on a sec cause that is not confirmed or denied anywhere just yet.  I mean I just can NOT imagine they pay all this homage to SMW and then have the baby yoshis work the opposite way.  TBH I'll be a little pissed if that is the case because I really looked forward to having them grow up.  And I mean wtf anyways, why would they have the concept of a "baby" yoshi knowing that it would be expected by the player that they eventually get big.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

robzo100 said:

Well, hold on a sec cause that is not confirmed or denied anywhere just yet.  I mean I just can NOT imagine they pay all this homage to SMW and then have the baby yoshis work the opposite way.  TBH I'll be a little pissed if that is the case because I really looked forward to having them grow up.  And I mean wtf anyways, why would they have the concept of a "baby" yoshi knowing that it would be expected by the player that they eventually get big.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Uncross them, it's confirmed.

Baby Yoshis have been revealed to be appearing in New Super Mario Bros. U. They now sound as they do in Super Mario World but high pitched. They are found in colored swaped Yoshi Eggs. Like in Super Mario World, they can eat enemies but they will not grow. There are three different colored Baby Yoshis. The blue ones shoot out bubbles that encase enemies and turn them into coins. The magenta ones (known as Tiny Balloon Yoshis) will inflate when the player swings the Wii Remote or Wii U GamePad, and the yellow version has the appearance of a baby Bulb Yoshi and will be able to stun enemies[1] and will illuminate dark areas. It seems they can run away like their adult counterpart if a player carries one while coming in contact with an enemy (if hit in the back). If the Baby Yoshi hits an enemy in the front, the Baby Yoshi will eat it. [2] When the player brings a Baby Yoshi to the flagpole it will fall to the ground and it will cheer and give them a 1-up. [3]

---

Baby Yoshis appeared in 4 stages in Super Mario World and are kinda useless, vanishing mostly in 30 seconds tops (blue baby yoshi in less than that). With this they expanded their roles in the game by a lot and you still complain?

VicViper said:
robzo100 said:

Uncross them, it's confirmed.

Baby Yoshis have been revealed to be appearing in New Super Mario Bros. U. They now sound as they do in Super Mario World but high pitched. They are found in colored swaped Yoshi Eggs. Like in Super Mario World, they can eat enemies but they will not grow. There are three different colored Baby Yoshis. The blue ones shoot out bubbles that encase enemies and turn them into coins. The magenta ones (known as Tiny Balloon Yoshis) will inflate when the player swings the Wii Remote or Wii U GamePad, and the yellow version has the appearance of a baby Bulb Yoshi and will be able to stun enemies[1] and will illuminate dark areas. It seems they can run away like their adult counterpart if a player carries one while coming in contact with an enemy (if hit in the back). If the Baby Yoshi hits an enemy in the front, the Baby Yoshi will eat it. [2] When the player brings a Baby Yoshi to the flagpole it will fall to the ground and it will cheer and give them a 1-up. [3]

---

Baby Yoshis appeared in 4 stages in Super Mario World and are kinda useless, vanishing mostly in 30 seconds tops (blue baby yoshi in less than that). With this they expanded their roles in the game by a lot and you still complain?

eh, actually still not convinced.  The sources they had their for the wiki page was only a video of 3 demo stages.  It may be the case that they don't grow up, but for me that is not a full confirmation yet.  Not trying to be a dick or anything, but many of the first instances we've seen of this game may end up as beta files, and also they may simply not have wanted to show off the grown up yoshis - maybe their power becomes greater when grown up even...?  Regardless, I'll just hope for the best.