By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Top Music of the 80's Elimination Thread~It's finally over!

BTW, "Appetite for Destruction" is a Guns 'n Roses album title, not a song.

Since songs are the theme, you might want to change it to Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, or Mr. Brownstone (all awesome).

Around the Network

Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gee's is not a 80's song the song was released on December 13, 1977 and was a big hit in 1978. I will Always Love You by Dolly Parton is not a 80's song either the song was recorded on June 13, 1973 and released on June 6, 1974. Their might be a couple more on that list that are not 80s songs. Anyway two good replacement songs for those two are Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar from 1983 and Urgent by Foreigner from 1981.

Where is take my breath away from Top Gun? lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Found another one Barracuda by Heart was recorded in 1976 and released in January 1977. Since I don't see any songs featured in movies on your list I would suggest replacing Barracuda with A View to a Kill by Duran Duran from 1985. Also "In the Glow of Night" is not the real name of the song by Genesis the real name of the song is "Domino" the song has two parts part one is called in the glow of the night and goes for 4:27 part two is called The last Domino and goes for 6:15.

A lot of my favourite bands and singers are mentioned, but many of the songs are not at all what I would pick to represent them.

A couple of notes on songs that are big because of 90's remakes:

About a Girl - Nirvana: The popular version of this song was recorded in 1993 and released in 1994 as a single. The original 1989 version was not ever released as a single, and was not one of Nirvana's popular songs from their early period.

It's Like That - It was the 1996 remake that is the song that topped charts and was a #1 smash hit around the world. The 1980's version was released as a single, but never hit the top 40 anywhere and is frankly not a very good song - in fact, most of the dozens of other songs the band released in the mid to late 80's were way better.

Also, how can you have an 80's music voting thing with like 8 songs from the Smiths, but none from Pat Benatar or Tears For Fears? Makes no sense to me =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Skid Row - 18 and Life
Salt 'n Pepa - Push it

+ AC/DC- Back in Black

- Salt N Pepa- Push It

Yeah, Barracuda isn't from the 80's.  I love that song though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

+ Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell

- Cyndi Lauper- Girls just wanna have fun

archbrix said:
BTW, "Appetite for Destruction" is a Guns 'n Roses album title, not a song.

Since songs are the theme, you might want to change it to Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, or Mr. Brownstone (all awesome).

I should of knew that, I had the album as well lol. I'll change it to Paradise city

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. Especially @ Jumpin @Chris Hu. I will ask the community, what songs to have in an elimination thread, in future

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018