By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: The Next Gen Doesn't Start With Wii U

MANUELF said:
I though it started with the 3DS

I got a kick out of this, despite the fact that it's technically correct. It's hard to think of 3DS games as corresponding to PS4 games. Like... New Super 2 is an eighth-gen platformer. Weird.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

In that case, here's my copy and paste.

Although Nintendo will release the new game console Wii U and the market will be continue to be invigorated by the increase of DLC, time is required before the next generation console cycle begins in earnest.

Sometimes I really, really hate my industry.  This is nothing but an author that either doesn't understand what the hell "begins in earnest" means or is just looking for hits.

Morons, I tell you.

Capcom said no such thing.

Even if that is the quote by Capcom, "in earnest" seems to me to say that, until there is more than one competitor attempting next gen, next gen really hasn't started.

spurgeonryan said:
Amazing! At the OP being able to do this. This is the single biggest thread to this site.

Wii U will bring the games. All that matters Dolphin.

/sarcasm?? Ô.õ

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

So much semantics in this thread.

The guy added the last part (interviewer).

Btw guys use your brain we are going to have next-gen games on ONE console?

Of course when all three are out that's when the games will follow.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

Considering Capcom has yet to announce any 'next gen' games, I think it has nothing to do with Wii U or any actual console and everything to do with the fact that they are simply not currently making a 'next gen' game. They are just telling their investors that it takes time to build a game with new engines and they need to get focused on that immediately, in earnest, as the next gen cycle is beginning.

I really think the OP is looking way too much in to that sentence.

UltimateUnknown said:
The controversy continues. Developers currently seem to be in a love-hate relationship with the Wii U. Some say next-gen, others say current-gen.

Either way, Nintendo seems to have managed to get by well enough with mainly first party games with the Wii, so maybe they can pull it off with the Wii U as well. Fanboys will buy in either way. As for 3rd party support once the 720/PS4 come in, I'm skeptical but we'll have to wait and see.

@bolded: This!! We'll have to wait and see what PS720 can do before we can guess how much 3rd party support the WiiU will be able to get in 2015...

Conegamer said:

And this OP is on the shortlist for OP of the year, crazy skills from the poster.

?

superchunk said:
Considering Capcom has yet to announce any 'next gen' games, I think it has nothing to do with Wii U or any actual console and everything to do with the fact that they are simply not currently making a 'next gen' game. They are just telling their investors that it takes time to build a game with new engines and they need to get focused on that immediately, in earnest, as the next gen cycle is beginning.

I really think the OP is looking way too much in to that sentence.

I posted it just hear some discussion. After what I've read here now, I can understand how that quote is twisted in such a way to say that WiiU isn't next gen

It's chronological, it's always been chronological. The way video games work, it's the only categorization that makes any sense.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.