By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why american prefer 360 to PS3?

HALO
Cheaper price
Games
360 is a well known number in america

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
MikeB said:

Also a lot of misinformation and unreasonable Sony hate and Microsoft love in the US press.

Are... Are you actually serious?

WoW, of course he is. He's MikeB. If he isn't collecting a paycheck from Sony he should be. I mean like everywhere else in the world the US has far more PS2 owners than any other competing console. The real reason for the difference is that the Playstation brand was the first home console brand to sell in significant quantities in Europe. Therefore brand loyalty is a much larger factor in Europe than in any other region. When you combine that fact with the 360's cheaper price and better library you get the larger acceptance of the 360 in the US than the PS3. Not to mention the fact that the later launch in Europe allowed the PS3 to have a much better launch lineup than the PS3 had in the US.

Better games, more games, same graphics and cheaper price than PS3.

A better question is why PS3 is more popular in Japan/Europe. Possibly name recognition?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

MikeB said:
Also a lot of misinformation and unreasonable Sony hate and Microsoft love in the US press.

Sony and Microsoft are both corporations and we all know how trusting such entities can be.  But, come on, I thought that Sony advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 as Playstation only games was pretty low.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

A vastly superior lineup of Western and PC-Centric gaming.

The US was dominated for years by PC gaming - even back to the old C64 days. Many PC gamers never went for the NES, SNES, and such until MS "bridged the gap" and put more PC-Centric gaming fare onto consoles. Namely Halo, which was supposed to be a PC-Only title until MS bought Bungie out to throw Halo onto the Xbox.

So you basically have:

Xbox 360:
Strongly West-Centric Content
Strong PC-style content
Large Online gaming community supported since 2002 on the Xbox)
Focus on Hardcore and Core gaming
$279.99 Price Point

PS3:
Weaker West-Centric Content (but stronger J-Content)
Less PC-Style content
Mediocre Gaming community (established in late 2006 w/ launch of PSN, very little PS2 support)
No focus on hardcore/core gaming
$399.99 price point

Which one interests the average American gamer more? The system with the more games that they like? The answer in any country is yes. Europeans go for the PS3 because of PES and Fifa, Americans go for the X360 because of Halo, and the Japanese go for the DS for training games.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Halo

ManusJustusNardus said:
MikeB said:

Sony and Microsoft are both corporations and we all know how trusting such entities can be. But, come on, I thought that Sony advertising Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4 as Playstation only games was pretty low.

I've seen WAAAY more multi-platform games showing only the 360 logo in advertisements, so don't call Sony low for doing it in 2 games

mrstickball said:
A vastly superior lineup of Western and PC-Centric gaming.

The US was dominated for years by PC gaming - even back to the old C64 days. Many PC gamers never went for the NES, SNES, and such until MS "bridged the gap" and put more PC-Centric gaming fare onto consoles. Namely Halo, which was supposed to be a PC-Only title until MS bought Bungie out to throw Halo onto the Xbox.

So you basically have:

Xbox 360:
Strongly West-Centric Content
Strong PC-style content
Large Online gaming community supported since 2002 on the Xbox)
Focus on Hardcore and Core gaming
$279.99 Price Point

PS3:
Weaker West-Centric Content (but stronger J-Content)
Less PC-Style content
Mediocre Gaming community (established in late 2006 w/ launch of PSN, very little PS2 support)
No focus on hardcore/core gaming
$399.99 price point

Which one interests the average American gamer more? The system with the more games that they like? The answer in any country is yes. Europeans go for the PS3 because of PES and Fifa, Americans go for the X360 because of Halo, and the Japanese go for the DS for training games.

actually your wrong on that. The PS3 supports Linux and a USB mouse and Keyboard so its the otherway around. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

jlauro said:
Price
1 year head start
Larger library (excluding not yet released, the 1 year head start is a good part of it)
More people in Euorope dislike American companies (or at least Microsoft) than people in America.

QFT

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

CrazzyMan said:
They support RRODing console for the sake of the gaming, lol.
They pay for a great service, while it`s has problems already for several weeks for the sake of gaming.
They are patriots.

*cough*Disc Read Error *Cough* Excuse me what I meant to say is Sony for the past 2 generations has had its share of problems like not being able to read discs for example, while Sony did nothing to really address this problem, at least Microsoft did, fixed it for free, and extended the warranty 3 years.  Xbox Live has its issues like any other internet service it happens, but it gets fixed ASAP, and it's not constraining to your online experience like PSN.  One thing you got right is we love where we live.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000