By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Father in rural Germany finds his young son likes to wear dresses; does the same

wfz said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Both can be there to raise the children by taking turns, and a mother can never replace what a father can give. I know I would want to spend as much time with my child as possible.

Yeah, because my entire post was about how mothers can completely replace fathers, and that fathers shouldn't spend time with their kids. Spot on!

Anyways, for the one sensible part of your post, how do you propose they take turns? 

We have a system in my country roughly translated to "father day-off" (which is supported by the government), allowing extra time for them to spend with their children if they wish to do so.

Still, nothing is stopping the parents from switching to part-time hours, instead of having one of them quit working altogether.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

omg why the hell do you quote "emma"?

that's the magazine of germany's most annoying person and feminist^^

I could name a hundred famous (according to media) German people which are more annoying than Alice Schwarzer.

@homer: You look Greek and sound Springfieldian. Interesting double identity.

OT: Courageous.

Torillian said:
that's a pretty cool thing for the dad to do for his son.

Whether or not he should be enforcing societal norms is a debate but I don't think "he'll get bullied unless you make him stop" is a reasonable argument. Lots of people including myself got bullied quite a lot for getting good grades and looking nerdy, I wouldn't want my parents to tell me to dumb myself down and get a tan just to appease a bunch of assholes in high school.

I got a fair bit of that at school too and like I agree with you I didn't change because of it just maybe had slightly fewer mates than most at school but still got on with it.... but at the same time I think there is a small difference between me being at school with a gameboy in my pocket and rathering sitting down lvling my team for the elite 4 during school gym time and saying that it's perfectly fine to where a dress as a growing man.

People can try and shield their children all they want both at home and now going into schools fairly heavily that everyone is a winner and we're all equal, but the sad fact is this just isn't the case, some people come out of the school system now with their attendence awards and 8th place medals and are just dumped into a world where they are not really winners, but rather diluded losers. It's just going to make the shock worse and worse the more people try to convince their child that everyone in the world is a nice person with an open mind to everything.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Look intention is great but it is wrong.

Because when the kid goes to school he will have to wear a uniform. The school will not let him wear a skirt/dress so what is the father going to do then? He will be forced to put his foot down and tell his son he needs to wear pants.

Cobretti2 said:

Because when the kid goes to school he will have to wear a uniform. The school will not let him wear a skirt/dress so what is the father going to do then? He will be forced to put his foot down and tell his son he needs to wear pants.

we talk about germany

Around the Network

No, Cobretti, we don't have shool uniforms in Germany. But I agree with you, I assume as well that the boy won't be allowed to wear dresses when he starts to go to school next year. The reasoning will most probably be: to protect him.

Cobretti2 said:

Not all schools have uniforms. but even if his local school does then he can just follow the rules with no problem... This is about preference, after all, not an addiction.

Wearing different clothes than the norms is not 'wrong', nor is any other non-offensive preference that you may have.

Wrong =/= different.

crissindahouse said:
Cobretti2 said:

we talk about germany

I doubt, if this trend of him wearing dresses continues, that his work-place would allow it, either.

NintendoPie said:
crissindahouse said:
Cobretti2 said:

we talk about germany

I doubt, if this trend of him wearing dresses continues, that his work-place would allow it, either.

Then he simply change his goddamn clothes. And just because certain workplaces don't approve of his preferences doesn't make them 'wrong'.

Still, he could always start his own company and make his own rules if this would be that important to him, which I highly doubt.

Teaching gender equality is good. But teaching your kid that there's no difference between male and female is just plain stupid and a little dangerous.

If he was my son I might let him wear kilts, but not to school. I'd explain the differences between genders while instilling the value each gender has. Equal but different. Boys aren't better than girls, but boys are different from girls and vice versa.