By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874
GamechaserBE said:
Have no idea where i could post this so I do it here..

Is it is possible that the ' create a new thread' function doesn't work ? I get a error everytime I try.

LOL! Same shit for me

Around the Network

Too much flagging for minor issues.

I understand no flaming rules, but even banning for even suggestive stuff? Come'on

there doing okay,I guess.

Tagging this thread.

Signature goes here!

Goods job but way too inconsistent, some posters get banned for what seems like minor things, other posters seem to roam here and bait/derail threads with impunity.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Goods job but way too inconsistent, some posters get banned for what seems like minor things, other posters seem to roam here and bait/derail threads with impunity.

I think most moderations, especially on senior members, need to be viewed in context. If a member has a history of a certain conduct, they are more likely to be moderated on seemingly smaller grounds than others, a sort of corrective measure, not entirely unlike behavioral psychology. It's about learning from your past mistakes and slowly adjusting your tone. I used to be somewhat of an asshole when I first joined and then simply mellowed out as the years passed, removing myself more or less entirely from the console wars did wonders for my conduct on the forums.

Another issue that has really been on the rise in the past year or, basically since the 8th gen started, is new member starting their posting by flaming, being rude to others and just acting like asses in general, this should be dealt with fiercely and swiftly in my opinion, it does not bode well for their future contribution if they start on a very negative note.

That said; you yourself being a new member, I think you're doing okay, I've seen you in many threads and you're very active, just what the forums need.

I've never been banned and warned only twice in my six-and a half years in here and I intend to keep it that way!

FlamingWeazel said:

I think this was aimed at the thread derailment by sales2099 yesterday and that issue has been dealt with but to expand on the subject of inconsistency, here's my take on it.

I feel the easiest moderations are dealt with in a similar manner by all mods. If we spot a user telling someone he's an idiot, any mod will moderate instantly. When it comes to more complex cases like a user with a history of making small jabs at a fanbase without crossing the line into flat out trolling then the outcome comes down to how the mod interprets the post. Some might dismiss it thinking the offense is not too bad to moderate while another more familiar with the user's pattern might decide to moderate.

Signature goes here!

Í would like a re-evaluation of my moderation history, its to damn long while in reality i went over the line only a few times

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Í would like a re-evaluation of my moderation history, its to damn long while in reality i went over the line only a few times

Give us a complete list of all your alts and we'll start talking.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
kirby007 said:

Give us a complete list of all your alts and we'll start talking.

just for the record, serious?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.