By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874
VGKing said:
"Probably not worth it for them. The Frostbite engine is about to go next-gen only in a few years. Why port it over to Wii U when its about to become useless? Also, like other people said, EA isn't interested supporting the Wii U. There are no upcoming games for it. Why is CryEngine 3 even supported on Wii U? Are there any games using that engine coming to the platform?"

Mr. Khan gave me a 5-day ban for this comment. Ridiculous. IMO he shouldn't be a mod when he is this biased.

Yeah, I take back what I said earlier. This and another comment weren't even remotely close to being against the rules, yet the posters were banned.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
VGKing said:
"Probably not worth it for them. The Frostbite engine is about to go next-gen only in a few years. Why port it over to Wii U when its about to become useless? Also, like other people said, EA isn't interested supporting the Wii U. There are no upcoming games for it. Why is CryEngine 3 even supported on Wii U? Are there any games using that engine coming to the platform?"

Mr. Khan gave me a 5-day ban for this comment. Ridiculous. IMO he shouldn't be a mod when he is this biased.

Yeah, I take back what I said earlier. This and another comment weren't even remotely close to being against the rules, yet the posters were banned.

I think I know what happened though. I think he read my comment wrong and thought I said the Wii U is useless. I'm still working with mods to get this ban overturned. I have yet to recieve a response.

I think mods are severe but fair, if we follow rules we follow them
the less bullshit the better

plus this is not the place to argue about personal bans

DieAppleDie said:
I think mods are severe but fair, if we follow rules we follow them
the less bullshit the better

plus this is not the place to argue about personal bans

Actually, this thread is exactly the place to discuss personal bans. Do you think VGKing's post was against the rules?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Some mods here like to hit that ban time and give way bigger ban times than others, i think you all have to follow the same rules.

example

user 1 : moderation of 3 days in january for trolling >>>>> moderation of 3 days in february for trolling

user 2 : moderation of 1 days in december for trolling >>>>> moderation of 5 days in may for trolling

To me this reveals some bias against certain users, but i am waiting for the month report and i will post names and some examples that i have seen.

That would only hold true if they were moderated for the same post and had identical histories.

Bans do very based on the itensity of the trolling/flaming... and general user behavior IS taken into account.

We keep track of borderline rule breaking.

So chances are... either the second poster's post was

a lot worse then the first,   Much closer in time then the first (EX, got banned for flaming the day right after getting off a ban for flaming.),  The exact same damn thing they got flamed for before ( Post 1 "Screw you sonyfanboyz, sony is wrecking gaming",  Post 2 "Gaming is being destroyed by you sony fanboys and the company you love) or they just have a long string of posts that are on the borderline and attempting to bait other users.

Around the Network

I feel that as things are right now, the site is on the verge of becoming uncontrollable for the current moderation team. Certainly "factions" or "rifts" are opening up (if they haven't already) and with all the new proposed rules (rightfully so), it'll be difficult for the current team to be balanced and just.

There will always be disagreements, that much is for certain. But overall the moderation is good. Will I be saying the same after (or during) E3, however?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm stickying this so people have a place to redirect mod criticism (since Barozi hasn't been updating the monthly ban reports). Do not post mod criticism elsewhere.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i like most mods, tho there are allways a few penisheads tho just like ssj was back in the day

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Have no idea where i could post this so I do it here..

Is it is possible that the ' create a new thread' function doesn't work ? I get a error everytime I try.

When I try to edit my NHL threads poll and create a new thread I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /data/r5/nfs/ioi/gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/newthread.php on line 58

I cant make a new thread for this (because of the error) and I dont know who to send the info too