By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will outsell PS4 or 720 by 40 million units. Prove me wrong.

Its simple.

Nintendo will own Japan, MS won't.

In America, Sony will be too busy fixing Vita. Plus, they have no exclusives and they are still releasing new PS3 entries of their biggest IPs (GOW MGS)

Europe? Nintendo will reach into more markets like they did for Korea this gen. Watch when they invade China.

Wii U will eclipse 115m. Take that for what you will.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I BELIEVE IN SAVIOR X. I am in no way affiliated to Savior X, nor did I log into my acount for the first time for more than a year to support him because he asked me too on Skype.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
SaviorX said:

Its simple.

Nintendo will own Japan, MS won't.

In America, Sony will be too busy fixing Vita. Plus, they have no exclusives and they are still releasing new PS3 entries of their biggest IPs (GOW MGS)

Europe? Nintendo will reach into more markets like they did for Korea this gen. Watch when they invade China.

Wii U will eclipse 115m. Take that for what you will.

I'm pretty sure you are the one who needs to do the proving. Obviously no one can prove you wrong 2 months before the system is even launching

Or alternatively..

Motion control was an innovation, tablets no longer are. Nintendo consoles that haven't innovated have never sold over 50mil. 360 is rapidly catching up to the Wii in America and the PS3 is rapidly catching up in Europe. Nintendo is losing its dominance everywhere but Japan.

Wii U will sell much worse than the Wii. Prove me wrong.

enrageorange said:

I'm pretty sure you are the one who needs to do the proving. Obviously no one can prove you wrong 2 months before the system is even launching

Or alternatively..

Motion control was an innovation, tablets no longer are. Nintendo consoles that haven't innovated have never sold over 50mil. 360 is rapidly catching up to the Wii in America and the PS3 is rapidly catching up in Europe. Nintendo is losing its dominance everywhere but Japan.

Really?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wii U the 'new' PS2 confirmed.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network

What do you mean Sony has no exclusives? Are their 1st party studios just sitting on their hands with the PS4?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well, I don't think we can throw around numbers yet based on the fact that we don't know enough about Durango or Orbis.

Totally agree on Japan, though. That country will be Nintendoland (yes, pun intended) for the 8th generation, and I think that WiiU will make consoles relevant there again.

Yes, I think Nintendo will prove to be the victor next gen (in both install base and profitability), as they pit Microsoft and Sony directly against each other for second place.

SaviorX said:
enrageorange said:

Or alternatively..

Really?

okay. I'll rephrase that. They were the first ones to make a good motion control focused console... I consider innovation the first people to make something work well, which the eye toy clearly didn't... 

Brilliant!

enrageorange said:

Or alternatively..

Perspective. 50m in itself means nothing, being decades ago. SNES was actually a pretty decent success; it maintained more than 80% of its predecessor's sales, with much, much stiffer competiton; in fact, the fifth generation was probably the most competetive ever, with the Sega Genesis managing a very comparable 40m.

Also, if we bring handheld sales into this (I don't see why not; it's the same industry), Nintendo's non-"innovative" GBA managed over 80m against less than 120m for GB. The thing here is that Gameboy sales include GBC, which was a fairly big deal graphically, meaning a significant amount of people probably upgraded, making the userbase not more than 80-90m at best. Also, GBA was killed very prematurely (its successor launched three and a half years after it) when it was barely hitting its stride, so it probably would've done a lot more.

Looking at this kind of precedent, I'd say it's very likely that WiiU will do about as well as Wii, since competition is likely to be much weaker, given Sony's financial state and the Vita, and there's no reason for WiiU to be killed prematurely by a successor.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx