By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

maybe they were talking about the psp2? seems way to early to start talking about the ps4

Around the Network

ps4 will not happen. Sony got into gaming to invade your living room with their movie format. Now, it's becoming very clear that digital downloads are the future. I can't see either Blu Ray or HD-DVD lasting. What's the point??

I mean, right now in Japan, they're considering 30+ megapixel TVs, which far superseeds the current 1080p HD. Once download speeds go up, disks become inefficient. 

I dont think there will be a ps4, ps3 may be there last console. I say this because ps3 is very high tech, people dont want to play something that looks better than crysis, for that they can just play outside.

mM

Well I'm pretty sure they have plenty of ideas about what the PS4 is going to be like anyway. But I agree with PS3 fanboy on this one, I think it has more to do with the Understanding of the Cell chip, and getting PS2, PSP, and PS1 classics on the PSN... god too many PS"?" friggin terms...

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

mr-money said:

ps4 will not happen. Sony got into gaming to invade your living room with their movie format. Now, it's becoming very clear that digital downloads are the future. I can't see either Blu Ray or HD-DVD lasting. What's the point??

I mean, right now in Japan, they're considering 30+ megapixel TVs, which far superseeds the current 1080p HD. Once download speeds go up, disks become inefficient.

And that stops them from making a PS4.... why?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Sony will release a ps4. If I had to put money on a year, I'd put it on 2011, although there's a reasonable chance for both 2010 and 2012.

Soriku said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229032

"Gamefront.de is reporting, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan is currently advertising for a software engineer to deal with backward compatability for both the PS3 and an unspecified next-gen console"

Lol.

What's so funny?

I remember the day before the PS2 launched here in the U.S., I got my issue of Gamepro that stated that Sony was already working on the PS3. I forgot if it was 8 or 10 PS2s working together.

Even from Microsoft, not too long ago, someone said that they were already working on the next Xbox.

so are would they just abbandon the ps3 or what

yoshiboots said:
so are would they just abbandon the ps3 or what

No, their formula is to release a new console every 5-6 years.  Most likely, they won't deviate from that. 

Every company needs to look towards the future and figure out what needs to be done in "x" amount of years. If companies didn't do this there would never be a single advance in anything. There is no doubt that in my mind that Sony has the ps4 and the next psp in development. Microsoft and Nintendo are surely doing the same. Just because a company is planning something doesn't mean we'll see it next year, it may be 5 or 10 years down the road that we'll even see a picture of "the next great thing comming soon". Also people shouldn't think that because a single system doesn't live up to expectations in the first year or two that they're just going to throw their hands up in defeat and walk away.