By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the best Metal Gear game yet?

pezus said:
oniyide said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
Seems not like a Metal Gear game lol.

It has many of the characters, but belongs to a different subgenre. Halo Wars was a Halo game, and it was apparently good! I don't know why people don't intend to play this game simply because it doesn't fit the Metal Gear Solid bill

Thats exactly why we wont(at least I will) not play the game, because it doesnt fit the Metal Gear Solid bill. When i play a MG game I want to play just that a MG game, not some Bayonetta follow up starring characters from a series i like. If i want hack and slash ill play DMC or GOW because i know those games are what they are. YOu wouldnt play Mario Kart if you wanted to play an actual Mario game (as in 2d), this is a spin off nothing wrong with that, but just because its called Metal Gear im not just going to jump on it. Thats what suckers do.  Hell the story isnt even canonical which is half the reason i even play those games, for the story, cutscenes and all. SO we have a game with a premise i dont care about, within a genre i dont really care for. Ill pass

Mario Kart is a Mario game, with karts. This game is a Metal Gear game, with ninjas.

Every Metal Gear game since 2 had a ninja(except for Solid 3), dont see what your point was in that. i already explained why i and a few others wont be gettting it. It doesnt have the gameplay we would expect from a MG game period. Yes Raiden is the star but seeing as this isnt even taking place in the same timeline as the MG series proper that could be anyone. Now if you're pumped by all means have at it. Enjoy. Ill save myself the money

Around the Network
pezus said:
oniyide said:
pezus said:
oniyide said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:
Seems not like a Metal Gear game lol.

It has many of the characters, but belongs to a different subgenre. Halo Wars was a Halo game, and it was apparently good! I don't know why people don't intend to play this game simply because it doesn't fit the Metal Gear Solid bill

Thats exactly why we wont(at least I will) not play the game, because it doesnt fit the Metal Gear Solid bill. When i play a MG game I want to play just that a MG game, not some Bayonetta follow up starring characters from a series i like. If i want hack and slash ill play DMC or GOW because i know those games are what they are. YOu wouldnt play Mario Kart if you wanted to play an actual Mario game (as in 2d), this is a spin off nothing wrong with that, but just because its called Metal Gear im not just going to jump on it. Thats what suckers do.  Hell the story isnt even canonical which is half the reason i even play those games, for the story, cutscenes and all. SO we have a game with a premise i dont care about, within a genre i dont really care for. Ill pass

Mario Kart is a Mario game, with karts. This game is a Metal Gear game, with ninjas.

Every Metal Gear game since 2 had a ninja(except for Solid 3), dont see what your point was in that. i already explained why i and a few others wont be gettting it. It doesnt have the gameplay we would expect from a MG game period. Yes Raiden is the star but seeing as this isnt even taking place in the same timeline as the MG series proper that could be anyone. Now if you're pumped by all means have at it. Enjoy. Ill save myself the money

I meant you get to play as a ninja >_>

which proves my point even more gameplay wise and story wise it is very far from the MG series proper. 

Better than this?

Unpossible!

RolStoppable said:
Probably yes. It's the first Metal Gear that actually looks like a game, right?

Metal gear solid on ps1 was a game I think.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

It's might be the best spin-off. Though the ACID games were pretty good so I wouldn't bet on it...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

it should be compare to ninja gaiden series in stead of mgs series...

Could become a decent spin off series same rule could also apply to Forza Horizon.  Should be better then the -2 FF games (FFX-2, FFXIII-2).  Actually if it turns out as good as Platinum Games other titles it should be better then all FF spin off games.