By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the best Metal Gear game yet?

Will be the first one I won't play... so I'll never know.

Around the Network

Seems not like a Metal Gear game lol.

Dgc1808 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
I think the problem is people need to differentiate this for metal gear solid and other previous games. MGR is a new series with a new focus. And I love the look of it. It's like Vanquish, with some stealth and swords. So much win

This. I'm fine with this game. I'm fine with more MGR games in the future. But it's important to not that this isn't like any of the other games in the series at all. It's a bigger change from the Metal Gear formular than RE 4 was for RE. I like that it's called Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance instead of Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance. Also, I like that the card games on PSP weren't called Metal Gear Solid, they were Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2.

I wish it was called "Raiden Rising: Revengeance" insted "Metal Gear".

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

It has many of the characters, but belongs to a different subgenre. Halo Wars was a Halo game, and it was apparently good! I don't know why people don't intend to play this game simply because it doesn't fit the Metal Gear Solid bill

Halo Wars is not a Halo game.

I like the look and fell about MGR:R but it's not a Metal Gear game... so it can be the best hack slash game ever made but it will never be the best Metal Gear game because it's not a Metal Gear game lol.

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

It has many of the characters, but belongs to a different subgenre. Halo Wars was a Halo game, and it was apparently good! I don't know why people don't intend to play this game simply because it doesn't fit the Metal Gear Solid bill

Thats exactly why we wont(at least I will) not play the game, because it doesnt fit the Metal Gear Solid bill. When i play a MG game I want to play just that a MG game, not some Bayonetta follow up starring characters from a series i like. If i want hack and slash ill play DMC or GOW because i know those games are what they are. YOu wouldnt play Mario Kart if you wanted to play an actual Mario game (as in 2d), this is a spin off nothing wrong with that, but just because its called Metal Gear im not just going to jump on it. Thats what suckers do.  Hell the story isnt even canonical which is half the reason i even play those games, for the story, cutscenes and all. SO we have a game with a premise i dont care about, within a genre i dont really care for. Ill pass

Around the Network

What?! Not sure if serious.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is looking to be the best Metal gear game. Open world FTW!!

As a huge Metal Gear Fan, this game does not fit the bill to be classified as a MG game. To compare them would be like comparing apples and oranges. This game does not try to be a Metal Gear game but thats not a bad thing, it looks amazing and is a must buy for me next year.

^_^

pezus said:
Heavenly_King said:
What?! Not sure if serious.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is looking to be the best Metal gear game. Open world FTW!!

Notice the yet in the title ;o

So far, I think it s between Peace Walker and MGS4

Maybe better than 4...

But IDK, I hope it is. I'm skeptical it changed devs... and I don't like anything by platinum better than the first 3 metal gears or peace walker.

pezus said:
What if I reworded and said: "Is this the best game called Metal Gear yet?"

Metal gear.... Solid still wins :P 

w/o solid however.

Metal Gear 2... is pretty good too but maybe.