By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo end up having the 3DS as a controller option for the WiiU?

If the idea of the second screen for various things goes over real well, anyone see Nintendo enabling the 3DS as controllers for a WIiU, as an option for increasing number of games?  Nintendo, by doing this, could enable games to be played for up to 6 players, each with their own screen.  This could be done for things like play selection in sports titles.

Around the Network

no.....doesnt make sense to me, the 3DS doesnt have 2 analogs and 2 shoulder buttons, plus wasting a 3D device for non 3D purpose is nonsense, the WiiU is already a big DS, using a DS as a DS pad seems ridiculous...

Three screens?! *Head asplodes*

Tagged for evidence that Nintendo copies Sony.

Jay520 said:

Just because Nintendo fans run around saying Sony copies, doesn't mean it's okay for you to run around doing the same thing.  Makes you just as low as them.  I mean, if you want a real copy of nintendo... Look at Miis and then... 360 avatars....

The 360 is trying to be a sequel to sega and nintendo at the same time, yet... in my eyes, doesn't quite do it.

Around the Network

What i think would be awesome would be a 3ds player for the wii u. It would use the gamepad as the bottom screen and tv as the top screen.

3ds controller seems like a no brainer because it has a touch screen, circle pad pro, and all the gyros for games that the wiiu gamepad would use.

Burning Typhoon said:
Jay520 said:

Just because Nintendo fans run around saying Sony copies, doesn't mean it's okay for you to run around doing the same thing.  Makes you just as low as them.  I mean, if you want a real copy of nintendo... Look at Miis and then... 360 avatars....

The 360 is trying to be a sequel to sega and nintendo at the same time, yet... in my eyes, doesn't quite do it.

Please man.  Jay was just joking (I hope).  Lets not make it another one of those topics.

Unlike the Wii U GamePad, the 3DS is not practical for a controller for Wii U 'cause it's NOT a controller. It's a dedicated handhed gaming device and it should stay that way. The GamePad IS a controller that is no different from a 360 or PS3 controller, except it has a screen on the middle. Dreamcast controller, anyone? The 3DS, Vita, Smartglass Tablets, Including iPad and Adnroid, etc, should NOT be implemented as gaming controllers 'cause it's not integrated like the Wii U GamePad. Those mobile/handheld devices are just additive implemetations. The GamePad is and always be a intergrated gaming controller 'cause it IS a controller that includes everything what's in a full traditional controller like in a 360 and PS3 controller.

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

JWeinCom said:
Burning Typhoon said:
Jay520 said:

Please man.  Jay was just joking (I hope).  Lets not make it another one of those topics.

Either way, I felt it necessary to mention so.  That way, it would be less likely for someone else to come in and start flaming.

Imagine that in the same way they stream content to the gamepad they could stream to the 3DS in 3D.

Is it possible? Insane 3D graphics on the 3DS via streaming ?