By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Battle of the titans - Naughty Dog VS Sony Santa Monica

Who's the better developer?

Sony Santa Monica 33 26.83%

Naughty Dog 90 73.17%

Total:123

VS 

Two of the biggest developers this gen going head to head, who do you think is the better game developer and why. Sony Santa monica has Colaborated with a lot of first party developers with Sony, games like Pixel Junk franchise, Twisted Metal, Flow, Flower Journey, Unfinished Swan, Warhawk, Starhawk, All-stars Battle Royale, they've helped so many developers this gen for games on the PS3. Naughty Dog has some high selling games and for a long time they proved that they're a force to reckon with.

Here's the big franchises each company has developed.

Sony Santa Monica

God of War franchsie

Naughty Dog

Crash Bandicoot franchise

Jak franchise

Uncharted franchise

Around the Network

ooooh snap 0_0 you just did NOT go there

but no seriously it's impossible to choose :( GOW vs UC? daymn

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

God of War is my second favorite franchise, so Sony Santa Monica for me XD. In case you are wondering, my top favorite franchise is Metal Gear Solid.....I am excited because of MGS:GZ!!!!! FUCK YEAH!!

I do like the God of War games a lot but it's still an easy win for Naughty Dog for me!

Signature goes here!

I love them both but I'll go with Santa Monica since they also help out smaller developers.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

my vote goes for Santa Monica because of God of War 3 epic effect...
cause until now there isn't any game that makes me woowww...... after God of War 3

God of War is great, and I love plenty of the projects Santa Monica helps out with (they work on a shitload of Sony games), but Uncharted is my favourite series of this generation and TLOU looks very promising, so I have to say Naughty Dog.

Both incredibly talented studios. Sony is lucky to have them.

Santa Monica gets my vote. Uncharted is a lot of fun but it's gameplay isn't as cool as God of War's. While Uncharted may technically have better graphics, Santa Monica has much more creative art direction.

Santa Monica... only because the God of War series is fu*king awesome!!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Santa Monica... They've been involved in so many projects, helped so many smaller devs, they never do the stupid "only possible on PS3 bragging" which ND has, and still push the system just as hard as ND. ND will likely win this but I think SMS is easily a more significant SONY studio.

4 ≈ One