By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ‘Free-to-play titles are natural fit for Xbox – Microsoft

Happy Wars beta is amazing! Really good stuff.

Keep it on Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo wont have any chance once next gen rolls out, MS Xbox Live is better and better each day while PSN keeps struggling, its not even on Xbox Live 2005 level yet.

Nintendo is new in the online business, wont have any chance.

So in terms of services and online gaming the winner is already here.

Microsoft y u so good?

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

Keep it on Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo wont have any chance once next gen rolls out, MS Xbox Live is better and better each day while PSN keeps struggling, its not even on Xbox Live 2005 level yet.

Microsoft y u so good?

Whoah whoah whoah... PSN is good but its not better that XBL in the current time. (IE: XBL has a larger downloadable library, active indie devs, consumer base, etc.)

But PSN being worse that XBL 2005? I disagree. 

Yay!!!

Argh_College said:

Microsoft y u so good?

This is a joke....right?

I'm playing the happy Wars Beta, and I have to say it's pretty damn fun and surprisingly deep.

JOKA_ said:
kowenicki said:

Sony fans in like a flash to talk down again.... so those games you all get free on PSN+ and go on and on and on and on about aren't free after all then?

Just so long as we have cleared that up.

OT.  Interested but we shall see how it goes.  Not a fan of Pay to Win gaming, i assume thats what this is? microtransactions?

I totally agree that the PSN+ "free" games are in fact not free to play...

...but Dust 514 and DC Universe Online are completey 100% free to play with no PSN+ required

OT: I kind of covered it in my above statement, but its not quite free to play if there is a subscription involved.  Do you think they will eventually truly embrace f2p and let silver accounts download?

you do realuze that those games are multiplayer .... like most f2p today... the gold membership is needed to play online... so even if available to silver what's the point?

Around the Network

i love those PS T**ls with them payed XB live gold subscription have decades of added value to them... they are the reason people like me and millions other keep paying and will keep paying even if it had 0 added value... simple.... it keeps them far far away... and this to me is priceless....

so back on the debate if you had washed the sh*t oozing from your eyes when reading, those games are multiplayer but are indeed entirely f2p by the rigorous definition of it even if you try to twist it the way you like... but you do need the xbl gold membership to play online... so yeah it defeats the purpose for xbl silver member but the game is f2p to begin with...

so now that we cleared that... could you please go away or should i pay vgchartz to have a gold membership to avoid having parasites flying around.... cause i would without an hesitation... because for my personal peace i'm ready to pay way more than 60 bucks a year... cause i can (and no i'm not uber rich, i just value some things more than other)

so back on the games any dates previews and how it will work down the line... cause i'm actually interested by the game but you can't ignore the flies buzzing around on that forum... (an idea to develop for vgchartz... an ignore button that cost 1 cent per click to ignore someone on the forums.. you'd make bank)

endimion said:

those games are multiplayer but are indeed entirely f2p by the rigorous definition of it even if you try to twist it the way you like... but you do need the xbl gold membership to play online... so yeah it defeats the purpose for xbl silver member but the game is f2p to begin with...

I read that Happy Wars has single player missions and Ascend:New Gods seems to feature online integration similar to Demon's/Dark Souls from what I heard/saw with it's core gameplay being single player. So while the real/best experience may be online I think silver members would still be able to enjoy components of these games if they had access to them.

Lafiel said:

endimion said:

those games are multiplayer but are indeed entirely f2p by the rigorous definition of it even if you try to twist it the way you like... but you do need the xbl gold membership to play online... so yeah it defeats the purpose for xbl silver member but the game is f2p to begin with...

I read that Happy Wars has single player missions and Ascend:New Gods seems to feature online integration similar to Demon's/Dark Souls from what I heard/saw with it's core gameplay being single player. So while the real/best experience may be online I think silver members would still be able to enjoy components of these games if they had access to them.

haven't heard an xb live arcade not available to silver yet.... so who is to say it won't be possible.... but then again never stoped my xbl gold membership since i had one on the 1st xb so can't be certain and don't really care.... even when i had to eat ramen noodles for 6 months back in college cause i was broke.... so why people even care that much is beyond me... it's the price of a 6 pack of corona or heineken every 2 months.... yeah free would be better... but come on half those people complaining/debating/arguing have no issue having over priced smartphone tied to a 2 year plan that is way way way more ridiculoysly overpriced and of subpar quality and yet they bend over to get it deeper in their bum year after year.... i for once refused to this day to get a smartphone.... and yet have found ways to have access to the same thing for free or 100s of $ cheaper with a combo samsung series 7 slate and a dumb phone... so yeah i can spend 60 bucks a year for xbl... heck after a year or 2 with the money saved i can get myself a ps3 with a psn+ subscription... and still have money to by more games than they do with the same budget.... they are just useless forum trolls that like to move a lot of wind around....

and i love the PC community parading around... you all play those sweet games on MS windows OS based PC for the most part.... and even if you don't use a legit copy.... all of your powerfull video card with a nice DX11 logo on it pay royalties.... so one way or the other you are MS biatch at some point....

endimion said:
JOKA_ said:
kowenicki said:

Sony fans in like a flash to talk down again.... so those games you all get free on PSN+ and go on and on and on and on about aren't free after all then?

Just so long as we have cleared that up.

OT.  Interested but we shall see how it goes.  Not a fan of Pay to Win gaming, i assume thats what this is? microtransactions?

I totally agree that the PSN+ "free" games are in fact not free to play...

...but Dust 514 and DC Universe Online are completey 100% free to play with no PSN+ required

OT: I kind of covered it in my above statement, but its not quite free to play if there is a subscription involved.  Do you think they will eventually truly embrace f2p and let silver accounts download?

you do realuze that those games are multiplayer .... like most f2p today... the gold membership is needed to play online... so even if available to silver what's the point?

If its available to Silver that means its truly free to play. It means anyone can download and play it online, but since Microsoft is NOT a subscriber to the free to play mentality, this will never be.

endimion said:
Lafiel said:

endimion said:

haven't heard an xb live arcade not available to silver yet.... so who is to say it won't be possible.... but then again never stoped my xbl gold membership since i had one on the 1st xb so can't be certain and don't really care.... even when i had to eat ramen noodles for 6 months back in college cause i was broke.... so why people even care that much is beyond me... it's the price of a 6 pack of corona or heineken every 2 months.... yeah free would be better... but come on half those people complaining/debating/arguing have no issue having over priced smartphone tied to a 2 year plan that is way way way more ridiculoysly overpriced and of subpar quality and yet they bend over to get it deeper in their bum year after year.... i for once refused to this day to get a smartphone.... and yet have found ways to have access to the same thing for free or 100s of $ cheaper with a combo samsung series 7 slate and a dumb phone... so yeah i can spend 60 bucks a year for xbl... heck after a year or 2 with the money saved i can get myself a ps3 with a psn+ subscription... and still have money to by more games than they do with the same budget.... they are just useless forum trolls that like to move a lot of wind around....

and i love the PC community parading around... you all play those sweet games on MS windows OS based PC for the most part.... and even if you don't use a legit copy.... all of your powerfull video card with a nice DX11 logo on it pay royalties.... so one way or the other you are MS biatch at some point....

I think you are misunderstanding the distaste of XBL(I don't like PS+ either, don't even go there) vs hating MS, just because I don't like XBL, it doesn't mean I hate the 360, or Windows 7, or everything MS. You can't look at a company and automatically be OK with everything it has to offer, you can't even do that shit with a girlfriend or wife, let alone a company that has no blood relations to you. There is nothing wrong with Windows 7(I do have a distate for Windows 8, but only as a desktop OS, there is not a lot wrong with it on touch devices), there is nothing wrong with DirectX, MS actually has always produced pretty good hardware if you don't count the early production 360s (the original sidewinder gamepads were great and I'm a big fan of their old Intelli Optical Mice that I still have about 3, I'm currently using their x4 keyboard and I have given my brother the x8 mouse as a gift). It's the simple fact that the statement from the OP is just a lot of ???????? considering that every other platform is a "true" natural fit for F2P games in essence on a service level.