By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disturbing Wii Third Party SalesTrend- IGN's Matt's C

lol at Matt using the shipped worldwide numbers of Carnival games vs sales to consumers in US up to November of Metroid Prime 3.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Drat: naznatips beat me to the post.

I think that "a 3rd party game don't sell on Wii" thread should be sticky seeing how many of those threads just keep popping every day.

On to the subject I think that Nintendo need to come up with more mature content. Metroid was a good start but they need more of those to show to others developer that this market exist within the Wii install base. Days of Crisis is another good one but they need more.

what he says sounds like there are loads of "mature" options in the market, all high quality and equivalent (that is, high budget tiles) to all the COD4 and AC's of the X360 and PS3. am I missing something? RE4 was a success because it actually doesn't suck and it's a high quality game. MOH2 though has the PSP/PS2 mark over it, even though it features multiplayer and superb controls, you can't deny that it's not something like COD4. even RE:UC surpassed expectations and it's not the highest quality game out there!

By what he says no one is even INTERESTED in taking risk (publishing that game), but HOW can they know if they will fail or not if there's not even ONE example of a high quality Wii-exclusive?! I believe I must be missing something..

or maybe he wants people to go out there and buy SC Legends?!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

They can't make money on the PS3 because it has a small install base.
They can't make money on the Xbox outside of the US.
They can't make money on the PC because of piracy.
They can't make money on the Wii for any number of reasons.

I guess it is time for them to go die in a hole somewhere. What a bunch of pansies.

Around the Network
DeguelloNWR said:

So, what is his point?

Except for the third party games that sold well, third party games haven't sold well?

The problem with trying to frame it this way is it only works when the console in question is not the market leader. Which makes me wonder where all of IGN's doom-and-gloom articles about how the PSP can't sell anything at all, first or third party. I mean, The GameCube had to put up with editorials like that from fay one and the N64 even had to deal with one its first year.

Where is the outrage about Sony's 2nd-place also-ran handheld going nowhere in the market and mainly being bought by hackers?

Edit: and YES, if you don't risk anything, you do not get any reward.  Suda 51's problems with No More Heroes is frustrating, yes, but he might want to consider that Killer 7 wasn't exactly a screaming success on the GC or PS2.  In fact, third parties should probably consider that third party games flopped on PS2 all the time.  And unfortunately for the complaining third parties, their veto power over Nintendo's market share is now gone.  They don't wanna make DS games?  That's ok, have fun making games for a market that is insistent on not buying any of them.  They don't wanna make Wii games?  Sure.  Roll the dice on the 360 and the PS3.  Just don't complain that costs are too high.

It sounds arrogant, yes.  But it's also the reality.  Their lack of adaptation to the new market is not Nintendo's problem.  Their lack of effort and consideration of the Wii as a substandard platform only fit for shovelware is not Nintendo's problem either.  Their schizophrenic refusal to support the market leader based on self-fulfilling prophecies like demographics isn't either.  Their reluctance to support the Wii and the DS initially only gives Nintendo more money and thus more power.  They only have themselves to blame now.

That was simply beautiful. Thanks for knowing what's up.

Oh no what will the world do if 90%+ of games aren't rated M. Please. Has this guy even heard of the Blue Ocean strategy? Is he familiar with the DS? He might as well be saying that the Wii is losing because it is the only consoel not focusing on FPSs.

There are 5 games sold by 3rd parties on the Wii that have sold 1 million copies. 2 are mature.

Manhunt 2 on Wii is selling comparably to the PS2 vesion. (It's also crap and edited)

No More Hereos blows away previous Suda 51 efforts in Japan sales wise.

I do agree that the big N should step up with their new found cash and support more developers. But overall this is the classic case of 3rd parties crying because Nintendo makes better games then they do, while MS and Sony are mediocre.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Oh, and Matt has been and will always be a complete dumbass.

Actually, I can tell the exact reason why 3rd party games aren't doing well on Wii, and that's because only nintendo has consistently put out high quality games.

There are other games that have done well because they've made a name for themselves already. 3rd Parties that have new, interesting, creative and most of all FUN games need to ADVERTISE that. Nintendo can't do their god damn marketing for them.

Right now, I actually wonder if advertising the Nintendo Seal of Approval might not be a good idea. I'm sure there would be publishers bitching at how it's so hard to get that seal, but at least the 3rd parties that do get it would be able to let people know that they have the same quality as Nintendo has given their games.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Lets wait for Aloen in the Dark and Disaster: day of Crisis to hit the Wii and then lets see how sales are going...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.