By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 45: Friendship is Mafia

mantlepiecek said:
So how long do days last anyway? 72 hours? Unlimited? Cause then there wouldn't be a deadline.

No Day starts with a time limit; however, one may be imposed upon 1/3 popular vote or modly discretion. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Hey I'm here.
Couple questions: 48 hours seems like a bit too long for night, and 72 hours of daytime seems a bit too long for modkill.

You also mentioned plurality voting.
Can someone explain plurality for people who don't know? I always have a hard time explaining it properly.
To me, it's like for every vote that is on a different person (like player a votes for b, b votes for c, c votes for d) the total players used to calculate the lynch is subtracted by one. So given the scenario above, three votes on three different people, a lynch on player E would occur with only 7 votes, since 15-3=12 and majority there requires 7.

Lastly, you mentioned that double lynches can occur, but that there would be some kind of vote for it, and you emphasized 'maybe'. Sounds fun, if a bit complicated.

Actually scratch that 72 hour modkill thing, it sounds good. one day modpoke, two days modpoke and looking for replacement, 3 days modkill. It's more stern than usual which is what I was hoping for.

pezus said:
insomniac17 said:

Tagging.

*Chaos is a wonderful thing*

Lol, that was good, but are you admitting to being mafia here? The one causing the chaos?

You caught me.

(Sorry, no more posting.)

Awesome flavor opening. This is going to be a very fun game just because of the theme! ^_^

Also, I didn't even know this thread was made yet. My PM didn't have a link to it, the sign up thread didn't have a link to it, and even the MLP thread didn't have a link. Oh well, I'm sure everyone will find it...

Interesting that you made multiple people have the same role. I guess it makes it a lot harder to meta the game if three people have the same name. I'm guessing 3 each of Twilight, Rarity, Dash, and Pinkie. One each of AppleJack and Fluttershy and then some random person as a third party (Spike, zecora, luna, celestia, big mac, one of the crusaders, etc.). I could be wrong, but having only two each of the same person would make it too easy to know which one is lying. So, we have 4 mafia, 1 third party, and 10 town. We just have to figure out which of the four are the real elements of harmony and send them far away with our potion. It is strange that the elements of harmony are "bad" in this game though. :P

All of the above could be wrong since it is half guesswork, so don't take it as truth.

Also, was everyone who "tagged" the thread doing so without a flavor opening and without a PM, or were both present already? As in, did you have your PM when you said "tagging"?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:

You caught me.

Took me a second to realize you aren't even in the game. :P

Nintendo still doomed?

Oh... been refreshing the sign-up topic every so often wondering why I'd have a PM while there is no game topic.

Very excited, but I'm going to sleep now.

Setup meta already? and flavor meta when the mod said it won't help town nor hinder scum... hmmmm

I no likey.

Zzzz

On second thought, there probably isn't a fluttershy or applejack in the game at all since we already found them. Which means all of us are one of the other main mane four. So, there could be three of four of each, but still only 4 mafia (elements).

Nintendo still doomed?

spurgeonryan said:
Ebwop: that was for mario being on for over an hour and not posting. Same goes for linkz.

I wasn't even aware that we had a thread yet. I logged on hours ago and didn't see a link anywhere so I assumed there wasn't one. I logged on again and still no link, but this time I looked at the hot topics, which I rarely do.

As for the meta, I'm just trying to make sense of things. :P (Directed towards Linkz)

Nintendo still doomed?