By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 45: Friendship is Mafia

@spurge, zero, stefl

Joking, even on D1, is fluff posting that scum can use to hide. It's time not spent scumhunting and thus wasted.

@supermario

Calm the fuck down.

Around the Network

spureonryan seems very keen to place blame on everything that even moves, seems rather suspicious to me.

spurgeonryan said:
@ soleron

Being serious and not actually doing anything is as well. We watched it happen all last game with mafia. They said a lot but did not really ever do anything constructive. Just....like....you....are... now...

All we can do early day one is discuss policy. I have done so with mine, I intend to push for lynching lurkers and crazy people. I think you will be one of the crazy people, so I advise you if you are town to stop it now.

pezus said:
Stefl1504 said:
Well, hello there people~

Vote: mantle

he is always scum~

Are you saying you are scum yet again here??

No, I am not scum, are you scum?

supermario128 said:

As for the meta, I'm just trying to make sense of things. :P (Directed towards Linkz)

Okay, I'll bite. What things are there to make sense of? We've had no deaths to make you wonder if there's a serial killer.

Assuming you're town, how would you play differently day one if there are 4 mafia, 5 mafia, or 4 mafia plus an independent?

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Also FoS for Links for showing up at pretty much the same time as Mario and the 2 of them acting like they dont know whats going on and then links escaping a Fos from Mario

So you think we're both mafia, and decided at the same time that we need to use the same "excuse" as to why we hadn't posted in the game thread yet. Tell me, how is that possible? Not your suspicion, but what occured with the two of us.

mantlepiecek said:

Anyways, I think this is enough talking about the last game.

Agreed, so let's talk about this game. What is your take on my and Mario's "shennanigans"?

Maybe I'm more the creative type, but I had "banishing to the moon" as the lynch default... :/

I had an image for an MLP game that would have been about 20% cooler.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theprof00 said:
Hey I'm here.
Couple questions: 48 hours seems like a bit too long for night, and 72 hours of daytime seems a bit too long for modkill.

You also mentioned plurality voting.
Can someone explain plurality for people who don't know? I always have a hard time explaining it properly.
To me, it's like for every vote that is on a different person (like player a votes for b, b votes for c, c votes for d) the total players used to calculate the lynch is subtracted by one. So given the scenario above, three votes on three different people, a lynch on player E would occur with only 7 votes, since 15-3=12 and majority there requires 7.

Lastly, you mentioned that double lynches can occur, but that there would be some kind of vote for it, and you emphasized 'maybe'. Sounds fun, if a bit complicated.

48 hour nights is going to be a drag. Could that be a maximum, so if night actions are in and ample discussion occurs earlier then the game can start up sooner?

Double lynches are cheap(and can't be counted on) so let's just go with singles. Meaning let's not allow there to be a tie, I do not like randomness in Mafia.(beyond the distirbution of roles)

As for plurality voting: " Normally, lynches will occur upon straight majority.  If a deadline passes with no lynch (and no "No Lynch"), the person with a plurality of the votes will be lynched if the majority of people have voted."

SO, today there are 15 players, meaning 8 would be required for the majority lynch. Should a deadline be imposed and those 8 votes never gather on a single person, it will go to a plurality lynch. As long as at least 8 people have voted, whoever has the most votes will be lynched.'

There's no worry of a surprise mid-day lynch because someone decided to vote for a person other than #1 in votes, which thereby dropped the number of votes needed for a lynch.

It could be that I'm rusty and my reading comprehension is off, but as a town, I did not, at one moment sense that there were more than one of the same characters in the game after my first read through of the OP.

It didn't even cross my mind until supermario mentioned it. As a matter of fact, besides the casual spamming and fluffing from a few players, my only bad vibe is coming from mario after this post:

"Interesting that you made multiple people have the same role. I guess it makes it a lot harder to meta the game if three people have the same name. I'm guessing 3 each of Twilight, Rarity, Dash, and Pinkie. One each of AppleJack and Fluttershy and then some random person as a third party (Spike, zecora, luna, celestia, big mac, one of the crusaders, etc.). I could be wrong, but having only two each of the same person would make it too easy to know which one is lying. So, we have 4 mafia, 1 third party, and 10 town. We just have to figure out which of the four are the real elements of harmony and send them far away with our potion. It is strange that the elements of harmony are "bad" in this game though. :P"

That's way too detailed for a post so early in a game... too much acting.  Makes me feel like he knows a little bit more than the average vanille/town player should know.

That's my take so far.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson