By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 45: Friendship is Mafia

You guys are funny

Around the Network

It never occurred to me that you "wanted" me to end the night. I only thought that, like Linkz who said essentially the same things you did and at basically the same time, you were simply giving a friendly heads-up that the mod was in error.

I wouldn't want mafia to lose out on a kill opportunity (or be forced into a kill the majority don't want) simply because someone was unexpectedly MIA, or gone so much that you couldn't have good dialogue. But both you and spurge had time to discuss things with zero. Maybe it would have been more merciful to extend the night due to your failure to plan for a deadline you were perfectly aware of. But in any case I fail to see what the lurker-modkill rule has to do with anything. You are butthurt and throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks to let you "win" the argument.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
It never occurred to me that you "wanted" me to end the night. I only thought that, like Linkz who said essentially the same things you did and at basically the same time, you were simply giving a friendly heads-up that the mod was in error.

I wouldn't want mafia to lose out on a kill opportunity (or be forced into a kill the majority don't want) simply because someone was unexpectedly MIA, or gone so much that you couldn't have good dialogue. But both you and spurge had time to discuss things with zero. Maybe it would have been more merciful to extend the night due to your failure to plan for a deadline you were perfectly aware of. But in any case I fail to see what the lurker-modkill rule has to do with anything. You are butthurt and throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks to let you "win" the argument.

Actually I was originally pointing out that you purposely did whatever you wanted because you were butthurt. For isntance, you pushing town to lynch me. Let's not pretend you were only being fair to the rules.

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

Actually I was originally pointing out that you purposely did whatever you wanted because you were butthurt. For isntance, you pushing town to lynch me. Let's not pretend you were only being fair to the rules.

Oh, right.  That.  prof, that is completely in your imagination.  Ever since the meta was broken -- and yes, that's completely my fault that I made it so breakable -- you had a giant persecution complex.  Your proposal to fix the game being broken in favor of town was to break it in favor of mafia.  You thought I was fucking out to get you.  To be honest, I had completely forgotten you were Twilight Sparkle by the time I added that picture, as I had been making a habit of adding pictures, to that post.  I do not think it contributed to your lynch.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

Oh, right.  That.  prof, that is completely in your imagination.  Ever since the meta was broken -- and yes, that's completely my fault that I made it so breakable -- you had a giant persecution complex.  Your proposal to fix the game being broken in favor of town was to break it in favor of mafia.  You thought I was fucking out to get you.  To be honest, I had completely forgotten you were Twilight Sparkle by the time I added that picture, as I had been making a habit of adding pictures, to that post.  I do not think it contributed to your lynch.  

Someone unvoted me and you posted a votals that said "WAT", then there were four votes on me, two unvoted, and you posted "DETERMINATION".  My first fix was "allow me to change people's names", how and why would that break it in mafia favor? Furthermore, you would have still been able to post flavor. Furthermore, making me a janitor would have been fine as well what with 4 confirmables in the game, and it would end when I die. In both of my cases, it would point out that mafia were not "caught" by the meta, which was the proper solution. But I digress.

I didn't havea  persecution complex that it was broken. I had a persecution complex that you ignored my advice, didn't care to continue discussing *like asking why I thought mine were good ideas* and went ahead and confirmed the meta. This behavior of ignoring and not discussing also fit the behavior to just randomize...again without any discussion.

I apologize if I'm making these things up, but wow, it is highly coincidental if you're telling the truth.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

Someone unvoted me and you posted a votals that said "WAT", then there were four votes on me, two unvoted, and you posted "DETERMINATION".  My first fix was "allow me to change people's names", how and why would that break it in mafia favor? Furthermore, you would have still been able to post flavor. Furthermore, making me a janitor would have been fine as well what with 4 confirmables in the game, and it would end when I die. In both of my cases, it would point out that mafia were not "caught" by the meta, which was the proper solution. But I digress.

I didn't havea  persecution complex that it was broken. I had a persecution complex that you ignored my advice, didn't care to continue discussing *like asking why I thought mine were good ideas* and went ahead and confirmed the meta. This behavior of ignoring and not discussing also fit the behavior to just randomize...again without any discussion.

I apologize if I'm making these things up, but wow, it is highly coincidental if you're telling the truth.

If I recall correctly -- and I'm honestly not going to bother double checking -- I posted the "wat" picture because after a whole bunch of posting there were actually no votes in place when I made the votals, AND SAID AS MUCH.  "Determination" similarly was not cheerleading your bandwagon as you seem to think.  

Janitor, in retrospect, would not have been so bad; I believe that was after I had already received your proposal to make the game dark and I conflated the two ideas (so I had it in my head that the "janitor" would make the game dark until he died, as opposed to only cleaning up the mafia kills).  I thought that the amount of back and forth I had with you was already too much.  To quote a phrase, "this is not a democracy."  I considered your opinions and made my decision.  You had already explained your ideas and I was unaware that you were holding additional arguments in reserve.  

As for the randomization ... you were CLEARLY aware that the deadline existed.  You did nothing to encourage your team to agree on a backup plan or secondary preference (e.g. "i vote radish but sm128 is okay") nor did you yourself express such a thing to my recollection.  I don't know why you expected me to do the opposite of what I had expressed in writing.  In the end, SM128 living and Yoshiya dying were probably both helpful for mafia anyway.