Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147756

^new sign-ups

zero129 said:
Stefl1504 said:
we already had zombies
well, I can copy paste my sign-ups anytime D:

I never had Zombies .

Anyway who doesnt like zombies?, you can never get enough zombies .

Anyway what type of theme would you like to see?

that is something we can discuss in the new sign-ups :D

this game still has to be officially ended, and I can imagine FF being quite pissed :D

I'm not mad. Sorry for being unavailable for the last few hours; time zones I guess. Game end and flavor incoming.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
I'm not mad. Sorry for being unavailable for the last few hours; time zones I guess. Game end and flavor incoming.

Also, we need awards ( ¬‿¬)

Around the Network

Radishhead, soon to be revealed as Derpy Hooves, was given the potion and left for the Everfree.  pezus looked at zero, communicating his sentiment, "Now what?" 

zero looked back and replied, "Now, darling, the charade ends.  Take him away, boys!"  The earth rumbled, and Diamond Dogs suddenly popped out of the ground. 

"Yes, Miss Rarity!" they said, snatching the surprised Macintosh and dragging him into their tunnel, to be taken to the Everfree and deposited with the other vanished ponies.  And then led back to town, but there was a proper way to do these things. 

"Really," zero monologued, "there wasn't any other way this could have ended.  The idea that I, Rarity, coud have ended up sitting in the wilderness farting my guts out ... well, it's just unimaginable.  I'm much too refined for that even to be possible." 

GAME OVER -- MAFIA WIN

Awards to follow. 

Mafia QuickTopic
Mason QT
Dead Thread

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Poor radish is still a perfect last day lynch for the Mafia it seems (even if he's a cop!).

Signature goes here!

What a ridiculous loss for the town.

It's hard to believe there were still people who thought there was a doc after the masons flipped. 

Awards: 
"... planning to fail" -- FINAL-FAN
Normally it would be in poor taste to give yourself an award, but this one denotes that I did not think hard enough about potential exploits.  I could have just told everyone that other ponies' features were completely indistinguishable, and given them their identities to start with instead of upon flip and given the four Elements safeclaims.  Mea culpa. 

Having said that, I have come to believe that this community has an unhealthy obsession with flavor hunting that CANNOT be cured by simply making the games proof against flavor hunting.  (People would still try it, which would waste time and be unfun for those who don't like flavor hunting.)  We should probably do a few games with no flavor whatsoever just to make a clean break.  Flavor is fun but IMO VGC Mafia needs to go cold turkey. 

MVP -- ZERO129
First time player:  he is awesome just for staying active through the whole game (Yoshiya too).  But zero really was on fire.  Early game he had all the problems shared by noobs and scum -- low participation, overreactive defensiveness, etc.  But he had good instincts:  he wanted to kill radishhead just when it would have hurt town the most. 

His biggest mistake was to claim nurse at prof's behest, which is entirely prof's fault since it's only right that noobs listen to veterans' advice.  With a cop, a deputy, and masons, it was insanity to think a nurse made any kind of sense to claim.  Especially with a million vanilla townies flipped, making one more a pretty plausible claim. 

Some players would have panicked or otherwise slipped up when saddled with an increasingly unbelievable fakeclaim, but zero played it cool.  Aided by radish's relentless flavorhunting and pezus' misplaced trust, he sailed into the final Day and took home the win for his team. 

Down in flames -- SPURGEONRYAN
You had a tough break -- the cop had you in a small group of suspects by process of elimination, and Linkz was masons with Stefl.  Still, you might have had a chance to wriggle out by playing it cool:  after all, there was a Godfather, and who's to say it wasn't pezus or mantle?  To hell with that, though -- let's accuse the undisputed cop of lying!  Not being bus-driven or something, just flat out lying scum.  Trying to bus prof was a more worthy attempt, but by then no one was buying what you were selling. 

Missed opportunity -- THE MAFIA
Radish spilled the beans that he was powered on Day 1 -- DAY ONE.  And then the Deputy got lynched.  I figured the Deputy flip would be a clear sign that I had chosen to give the cop a direct backup instead of a chance to be doctored, making radish dead meat, but you didn't go for it:  and then he came forward with two inno investigations that were extremely damaging in combination with the masons.  You should have listened to zero! 

Anti-marksman -- RADISHHEAD
Time and time again, you scanned townies.  Every single night you could be counted on to pick one of the town without fail.  Fortunately for you, you also picked townies the mafia weren't killing, until stefl.  I guess you also get "credit" for not scanning the godfather until you literally had no other choice. 

"You're kidding.  ... You're kidding, right?"  -- SUPERMARIO128
Refuse to lynch prof when doing so wouldn't hurt town even if he was really a jester, and he's a major suspect?  what is this I don't even

"Oops."  -- PEZUS

Well, I had thought he was obvscum, but then I'm the mod. As a first time player saddled with a terrible fakeclaim he was instructed to give, he managed to fool the town enough to get two days of mislynches and a win. That's MVP enough for me, even if you could argue that he only won due to the town being bad rather than him being good.