By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want everyone to thank EA for improving the 3DS library and sales

bmmb1 said:
And here we go again... (time to resurrect this not very old thread):

EA first announces only a single "core" game for the WiiU - ME3, a port of an already published game (arguably though a good game), at full price (while the other versions are or will be already available at discount when it comes out).

This is probably their "core test game" for the WiiU. But as if that is not enough, to make sure it doesn't succeed, and so we can stop any "core game" effort for the WiiU, let's let's announce the full ME trilogy for the other consoles at the same price. Now who will go ahead and buy ME3 on the WIIU? Beats me (I was actually thinking of buying it before that).

Yeah, I don't get it. I don't see any way this doesn't sabotage Mass Effect 3 on Wii U. Not that I'm saying it would have been a runaway hit, but surely it would get some attention. Now, with it pushed deeper into the Wii U launch window, and this trilogy announcement, I can't see how EA or anyone else involved imagines it can succeed. Maybe I'm missing something?

EA has every right to publish the game in whatever capacity they see fit, but I don't understand this decision. Why port the game to the Wii U at all?

Around the Network

EA wants to destroy the gaming industry just to look like the saviors with that digital crap they are pulling