By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want everyone to thank EA for improving the 3DS library and sales

Handegg!!

Around the Network

PS2 does not have Madden this year for the first time...

So just like the 3DS, expect sales to rise in the next NPD

It is interesting that a good reason the 3DS is successful is because of japanese companies, and the only country that is up on hardware is japan. I recall some PR guy saying earlier that japanese companies are bringing the industry down....

Farsala said:
It is interesting that a good reason the 3DS is successful is because of japanese companies, and the only country that is up on hardware is japan. I recall some PR guy saying earlier that japanese companies are bringing the industry down...

They are bringing the industry down by continuing to support the "dead" handheld market, and refusing to embrace the future of mobile platforms. Some Japanese publishers, like Capcom and Square Enix, have seen the light and begun moving their high-profile franchises to iOS, including Mega Man, Final Fantasy, and The World Ends With You. But the Japanese side of the industry will not truly be great again until they entirely stop developing for doomed handheld platforms such as the 3DS and move all of their projects to iOS.

/sarcasm

The "PR guy" you're thinking of may be Phil Fish, the creator of Fez, or Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man.

the_dengle said:
Farsala said:
It is interesting that a good reason the 3DS is successful is because of japanese companies, and the only country that is up on hardware is japan. I recall some PR guy saying earlier that japanese companies are bringing the industry down...

They are bringing the industry down by continuing to support the "dead" handheld market, and refusing to embrace the future of mobile platforms. Some Japanese publishers, like Capcom and Square Enix, have seen the light and begun moving their high-profile franchises to iOS, including Mega Man, Final Fantasy, and The World Ends With You. But the Japanese side of the industry will not truly be great again until they entirely stop developing for doomed handheld platforms such as the 3DS and move all of their projects to iOS.

/sarcasm

The "PR guy" you're thinking of may be Phil Fish, the creator of Fez, or Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man.

Yeah it was Phil Fish, this guy is crazy. Not only did he have that statement he also decided to stop supporting his game...

Around the Network

Troll Whisperer is right.

First, Western studios in general don´t give a shit about dedicated gaming handhelds.

Second, Western studios in general don´t like Nintendo, I know it, Rol knows it, you know it.

Ubisoft seems to be one of the only few exceptions.

JGarret said:

First, Western studios in general don´t give a shit about dedicated gaming handhelds.

Second, Western studios in general don´t like Nintendo, I know it, Rol knows it, you know it.

Considering the neverending praise a lot of Western developers have for Nintendo's games, I think that Western devs actually like Nintendo the software company, but not Nintendo the hardware company.

For instance, Cliff Bleszinski is practically in love with The Legend of Zelda, but doesn't seem to have any interest in developing games on Nintendo consoles.

Rol, what other games have EA sabotaged?  I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, I just want to know.

JGarret said:

Considering how much money Ubisoft made off of DS and Wii games, it's hardly surprising. As for other Western publishers, the only other strong supporter I see is Warner Bros., probably because of successes like Drawn to Life, Scribblenauts, and the LEGO games on Nintendo platforms.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
JGarret said:

Considering how much money Ubisoft made off of DS and Wii games, it's hardly surprising. As for other Western publishers, the only other strong supporter I see is Warner Bros., probably because of successes like Drawn to Life, Scribblenauts, and the LEGO games on Nintendo platforms.

You know.. I really, really, really (just emphasizing 'really' here :P) doubt we´ll see a Fallout game on the Wii U, but that´s one of the games where I think the U pad would be pretty cool, since it´d act as your Pip Boy (don´t know if you ever played Fallout).

But Bethesda is really one of the Western devs where I don´t see them releasing their games on a Nintendo system...at least not Elder Scrolls and Fallout.