By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want everyone to thank EA for improving the 3DS library and sales

Galaki said:
oniyide said:
Galaki said:
the_dengle said:
RolStoppable said:

Dead Space Extraction for Wii was made to shut up investors who demanded that EA gives the Wii more support. EA performed formidable market research in order to know exactly how to produce a flop. The consensus among core gamers was that the Wii had already enough shooters on rails and something along the lines of Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition would be great, so EA decided to make a shooter on rails. But before announcing this, they just said that the Wii is going to get its own Dead Space to get people's hopes up. Then they announced that it is going to be a guided first person experience, as if somehow gamers wouldn't see right through it.

The hype turned into anti-hype and EA was good to go, so they stated in an interview that DSE would decide over the future of EA's Wii support. Such news isn't so much for gamers as it is for investors. EA wanted that investors follow the sales performance of DSE closely. As final steps they slapped an awful cover on the box of DSE and dropped it into stores without really advertising it. The release towards the end of the month of September was probably also part of the plan, that way only one week of sales would be recorded for the first month of NPD data. DSE moved 9,000 units in its launch week in the USA and EA had accomplished their goal. Now not supporting the Wii could be easily justified to investors.

That's horrible if true, and you certainly make a compelling case. Even more terrible since I've heard nothing but good things about Extraction.

And then they up-ported the game to Xbox360/PS3 and bundled it free with DS2. Whereas, DSE was full retail on the Wii.

There was a lot of WTF going on with that title alone.

First of all they didnt up port anything, its same game as tne one on Wii with HD, and it never came out for 360 so im not sure where your getting that from.  It was on PS3 as a way to promote Move and have an exclusive incentive on PS3, no different than what MS and Sony have been doing for years now. Its not free, you still have to buy the game and if you dont want DS3, its still 15 bucks on PSN. Yes it was released full retail, but what was EA supposed to do?? Release the game full price on PS3 a year plus later with NO new features? Can you name me a port that has ever gone that route?

On a side note, i get some people were pissed, but its not EA's fault you got your hopes up for DSE despite them giving very little info when it was announced 

What is your definition of a port? I don't exactly follow EA news, so, I don't know that Xbox version didn't exist.

My point still stand that it was free for the PS3 version. I am not pissed at EA at all. My wallet completely ignore them since a long time ago.

a port is simply a game that was released on one console but then later put on another, is there another definition? I would love to hear it.

I wouldnt call it free, and added bonus/incentive to buy the PS3 version instead of 360 one maybe. Its not like EA put it on PSN and let people DL it for no money. The last Motorstorm, that is free.

I wasnt refering to you in particular being mad, just to the people who are still steamed

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

Release the game full price on PS3 a year plus later with NO new features? Can you name me a port that has ever gone that route?

Sounds horrible, which means you can count on one thing: Capcom has probably done it.

not really, they do alot of rereleases, but they are usually cheaper than the original and do add something. RE4 for PS2 add Ada and I forgot what else, their fighting games get cheaper and add more modes and people

oniyide said:
Galaki said:
oniyide said:
Galaki said:

up-ported

First of all they didnt up port anything, its same game as tne one on Wii with HD

What is your definition of a port?

a port is simply a game that was released on one console but then later put on another, is there another definition? I would love to hear it.

I wouldnt call it free, and added bonus/incentive to buy the PS3 version instead of 360 one maybe. Its not like EA put it on PSN and let people DL it for no money. The last Motorstorm, that is free.

I wasnt refering to you in particular being mad, just to the people who are still steamed

A port with addition of HD is not an up-port?
I wasn't mad. I was simply adding info to the existing posts.

Galaki said:
oniyide said:
Galaki said:
oniyide said:
Galaki said:

up-ported

First of all they didnt up port anything, its same game as tne one on Wii with HD

What is your definition of a port?

A port with addition of HD is not an up-port?
I wasn't mad. I was simply adding info to the existing posts.

thats just resolution, im talking actual features. Every game on the HD twins are pretty much gonna at least be 720p

And i never said YOU were mad

oniyide said:
the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

Release the game full price on PS3 a year plus later with NO new features? Can you name me a port that has ever gone that route?

Sounds horrible, which means you can count on one thing: Capcom has probably done it.

not really, they do alot of rereleases, but they are usually cheaper than the original and do add something. RE4 for PS2 add Ada and I forgot what else, their fighting games get cheaper and add more modes and people

Alright. And RE4: Wii Edition? And RE4 HD? And the surely-upcoming-but-not-yet-revealed RE4: iOS Edition?

Around the Network
oniyide said:

And i never said YOU were mad

I am mad that you didn't say I was mad when I wasn't mad.

the_dengle said:
oniyide said:
the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

Alright. And RE4: Wii Edition? And RE4 HD? And the surely-upcoming-but-not-yet-revealed RE4: iOS Edition?

Wii Edition had all the features of the PS2 one, plus added motion support and it retailed cheaper than the GC or PS2 oned did when they were released.  RE4 HD again. Its only 15 bucks, cheaper than the last version of the game released before it. IOS i imagine will be even cheaper

oniyide said:

Wii Edition had all the features of the PS2 one, plus added motion support and it retailed cheaper than the GC or PS2 oned did when they were released.  RE4 HD again. Its only 15 bucks, cheaper than the last version of the game released before it. IOS i imagine will be even cheaper

Oh wait, hang on, I got this.

Battle Network.

Instead of porting an old game, they adjusted a few minor details and repackaged the same game about 15 times.

Ooh! Ooh! MVC3. They released a Beta at full price, then followed it up less than a year later with UMVC3, at only two-thirds the price of the original. So most people only got tricked into paying $100 for one full game!

Hang on, I've lost my train of thought. I was supposed to be finding cases of Capcom porting a game with virtually NO added features, right? I got caught up raging against them in general.

How about Viewtiful Joe? Is the ability to play as Dante really a significant addition to the game?

the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

Oh wait, hang on, I got this.

Battle Network.

Instead of porting an old game, they adjusted a few minor details and repackaged the same game about 15 times.

Ooh! Ooh! MVC3. They released a Beta at full price, then followed it up less than a year later with UMVC3, at only two-thirds the price of the original. So most people only got tricked into paying $100 for one full game!

Hang on, I've lost my train of thought. I was supposed to be finding cases of Capcom porting a game with virtually NO added features, right? I got caught up raging against them in general.

How about Viewtiful Joe? Is the ability to play as Dante really a significant addition to the game?

Adding Dante would be a new feature whether its significant or not. I think Trish was also in it and didnt they add new levels? Wasnt it cheaper? I dont like Capcom BS anymore than you do, but you cant really say they just put out of port of a game for FULL price with NO added features, I dont think any company did that to be honest

lol released madden in spring. These guys are hilarious.