By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game thats making me enjoy Gaming again. So whats yours?.

Chrono Trigger

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Several games have done that for me. Most recently, it was Kid Icarus: Uprising. Played and replayed that game on a daily basis for about three months. Barely even touched the multiplayer thanks to my poor internet connection, but still my most played 3DS game by a significant margin. It was that good.

Love and tolerate.

Played it on the SNES and the DS.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Long story that I'll try and cut short:

I've been gaming since about 1995, obviously I really enjoy it, but a couple of years ago I got a little burned out from it. I was playing World of Warcraft at the time and I mixed in some JRPG's like FF XII and Wild ARMs 3. All fantastic games, but they just left me a little tired of gaming.

Two games got me back into it and they were: LittleBigPlanet and WipEout HD Fury. It was the first time I'd really embraced the current generation. I got my PS3 in 2008 to play Metal Gear Solid 4 but then I didn't really use it for about a year because I was still playing all my favourite games on PS2/GC.

Anyway, the thing about both those two games that I think got me back on track was the way they're designed. They're both simple concepts (2D platforming, racing) that are really easy to learn but the games themselves were pretty deep. WipEout is a fucking hard game to master, but it's easy to pick up and play as just a racer. Same with LBP - easy just to bounce your way through the platforming levels, but there was so much more there with all the content creation and what not. Both games just mixed the simple with the deep really well.

I don't see myself tiring from gaming again any time soon because I've got myself back into the swing of it now, which is good at least.

Every so often I lose interest in gaming, but then a new game comes along that renews my love of gaming. More often than not that games as the world "Halo" in it's title.

Around the Network

Persona 4, Uncharted 2 and DKCR

Picked up Darksiders 1. One of the best games I have played in a long time. I actually could not find it anywhere, ended up finding it at best buy for $20, after all that searching I'm glad I found it. Loved the game so much that I decided I wanted the collectors edition of darksiders 2.

However this was a day after they released the game. So I started a new search which went on for days with no luck. You can't even order it on the internet without them trying to charge you double the price. So I waited one week from release and called gamestop to see if anyone had not picked up there pre-order. One left. I reserved it, While I was up there they had 2 calls coming in for the copy I was picking up. The store clerk said there was also a call right after I had reserved it. The collecters edition of this game went nuts.

So this tues. of this week was a great day for me. YAAAAAAA!

Metal Slug currently

Sleeping Dogs. Amazing game. Pretty excited with The Last Story also.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Kid Icarus Uprising.

It was such a refreshing and brilliant game. 

The Last Story is shaping up to be another one. I'm about 8 hours in and loving every second of it. I of course won't know for sure until I beat.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286