By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Conference Thread - WII U = 11/18 - $299.99 ($349.99 Premium)! MoHun 3 Ultimate coming in March!!! :D Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive!!

Tagged games:

Is your body ready!? Have you purchased your hype train tix yet!?

Hell the fuck Yeah!!! 256 72.73%

I'm still skeptical... 92 26.14%

Total:348
Sam3o said:

White Basic Bundle 300$ + Nintendo Land (likely 40$) = 340$

Nope, Nintendo Land is $60. Straight from Reggie himself! Hope that makes your decision a bit easier.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Sam3o said:

White Basic Bundle 300$ + Nintendo Land (likely 40$) = 340$

Nope, Nintendo Land is $60. Straight from Reggie himself! Hope that makes your decision a bit easier.

60$??? that doesn't make any sense...

In Japan's Nintendo Direct, didn't they say that Nintendo Land would be 5000 Yen and NSMBU would be 6000 Yen (same price as NSMBW which was 50$ in the US)? Since NSMBU was the same as the Wii version and Nintendo Land was cheaper than both in Japan, I though that it would be 40$ or maybe 50$ max :(

Sam3o said:

In Japan's Nintendo Direct, didn't they say that Nintendo Land would be 5000 Yen and NSMBU would be 6000 Yen (same price as NSMBW which was 50$ in the US)? Since NSMBU was the same as the Wii version and Nintendo Land was cheaper than both in Japan, I though that it would be 40$ or maybe 50$ max :(

Prices in Japan are very different from over here. More flexible, but also higher. Think of it this way: it's not that NSMBU is "still" $50 in Japan, it's that they've been paying $60+ for Wii games all along. So the Japanese price stays the same while the American price rises a bit to catch up.

TomaTito said:
JEMC said:
TomaTito said:

Is ZombiU wiimote compatible? Packing a Pro would mean no.

Not sure.

ZombieU comes packed with a Pro controller, which is what they'll use in that bundle.

But even then, this is the 3rd party game that's been used to show the gamepad and how the 2nd screen can be used, selling this game with a pro controller is a bit odd

Single player is all gamepad, but remember some footage of the asynchronous multi, where the dungeon master had the gamepad while the surviver used a Pro. Hope the game does have some wiimote thrown in there..

I thought about using the wiimote (since it's an fps and all that), but yes, the pro controller could work.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

the_dengle said:
Sam3o said:

Prices in Japan are very different from over here. More flexible, but also higher. Think of it this way: it's not that NSMBU is "still" $50 in Japan, it's that they've been paying $60+ for Wii games all along. So the Japanese price stays the same while the American price rises a bit to catch up.

Well, looking at it this way, it does make sence a bit, especially with the horrible exchange rates nowadays. Thought that Nintendo Land would be cheaper though, but that just makes the Deluxe Bundle even more valuable.

Around the Network
Sam3o said:

Well, looking at it this way, it does make sence a bit, especially with the horrible exchange rates nowadays. Thought that Nintendo Land would be cheaper though, but that just makes the Deluxe Bundle even more valuable.

I thought Nintendo Land would be a budget title too, but after seeing more of Metroid Blast, I really feel like this is a full game. It's not quite a mini-game collection -- that Metroid game is too fleshed-out to be a mini-game. I'm thinking of it as a collection of new arcade games. That feels more accurate to me. They really feel like arcade games. Add all the different gameplay modes, extras, online integration, etc, and you've got a full game. Obviously it won't appeal to everyone, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I don't really give a damn about Nintendo Land, but I'll probably still pick up the deluxe edition simply for the sexier black color and the extra storage. The Nintendo TV features also looks like a neat idea.

Also, happy to hear about Monster Hunter Tri ultimate. May as well sell my copy of MH3 and use that towards the updated version. Between this game, NSMB U, Pikmin 3, Black Ops 3, Rayman, Wonderful 101, Assassin's Creed 3, Zombi, etc, this is looking like potentially the best launch lineup of all time. For the first time ever for a console launch, I am actually finding myself having to chose between games because there's simply too many I want and not enough $ to get them with :/

JEMC said:
TomaTito said:
JEMC said:

Not sure.

ZombieU comes packed with a Pro controller, which is what they'll use in that bundle.

But even then, this is the 3rd party game that's been used to show the gamepad and how the 2nd screen can be used, selling this game with a pro controller is a bit odd

Single player is all gamepad, but remember some footage of the asynchronous multi, where the dungeon master had the gamepad while the surviver used a Pro. Hope the game does have some wiimote thrown in there..

I thought about using the wiimote (since it's an fps and all that), but yes, the pro controller could work.

Must have been sleepy yesterday and I missed that bolded part. So retail ZombiU will also be bunbled with a Pro controller?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

@TomaTito: I sear I read/ heard it yesterday somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

DanneSandin said:
the2real4mafol said:

Is there anywhere I can actually watch the Nintendo Direct show from today, i was not around when it was live :(
I would rather watch it, then read about it

Go to the OP here and just use the old links ;)

I saw already, it was on the nintendo website thanks :)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018