By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:
menx64 said:
awesome, awesome sooooo awesome... I got the game yesterday and my wii died on me!!! Just how cool that is!!

Nintendo Product.....died??? Impossible, your outlet is broken.

well, this his my original wii from 2006 we are talking about. A few months ago it stopped reading dual layers now it is not loading the games at all... I can still use it for VC and wiware games though. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
As for your explanation, that makes a lot of sense. So then I'll change my opinion about the end of the game. However I think there could have been more explanation about the whole creating a new universe thing, it just has no scientific backing...

I took it as an allusion to the Large Hadron Collider myself. Both are devices designed to create/simulate a "Big Bang," and where the LHC was feared to be a world-ender, the experiment in Xenoblade actually became one. The LHC fear was also well publicised during the production of Xenoblade.

Michael-5 said:

Hope their next game is as good as these two, I should play Blue Dragon sometime.

I'd recommend against Blue Dragon. As someone who loved both Lost Odyssey and The Last story, I found Blue Dragon to be an incredbily boring, mediocre, and often downright annoying game. It takes forever to get going, (the first disc is a coma-inducing chore) and almost everything about it from the bland story to the combat is unremarkable and tedious. It also features one of the most annoying characters I've encountered in any game. 

menx64 said:
Michael-5 said:
menx64 said:
awesome, awesome sooooo awesome... I got the game yesterday and my wii died on me!!! Just how cool that is!!

Nintendo Product.....died??? Impossible, your outlet is broken.

well, this his my original wii from 2006 we are talking about. A few months ago it stopped reading dual layers now it is not loading the games at all... I can still use it for VC and wiware games though. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

That's a first. I own all the Nintendo's except the Virtual Boy, and I never had anything break.....except an N64 controller, but anyone who's played Mario Party 1 can understand what it had to go through.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

curl-6 said:
Michael-5 said:
As for your explanation, that makes a lot of sense. So then I'll change my opinion about the end of the game. However I think there could have been more explanation about the whole creating a new universe thing, it just has no scientific backing...

I took it as an allusion to the Large Hadron Collider myself. Both are devices designed to create/simulate a "Big Bang," and where the LHC was feared to be a world-ender, the experiment in Xenoblade actually became one. The LHC fear was also well publicised during the production of Xenoblade.

Michael-5 said:

Hope their next game is as good as these two, I should play Blue Dragon sometime.

I'd recommend against Blue Dragon. As someone who loved both Lost Odyssey and The Last story, I found Blue Dragon to be an incredbily boring, mediocre, and often downright annoying game. It takes forever to get going, (the first disc is a coma-inducing chore) and almost everything about it from the bland story to the combat is unremarkable and tedious. It also features one of the most annoying characters I've encountered in any game. 

Yes, that's true, and I was thinking that was inspiration for the game (actually I think I read an article stating that it was), but that doesn't explain how a big bang makes a new universe with those 3 as gods, and how they can manipulate the universe so easily, making beings just out of imagination.

As for Blue Dragon, you don't say? Well then I'll leave it far far down on my to do list. Going to try to see if I can find a fully patched version of ASH (for DS) then. Of the non-localized DS games, ASH is the only one I can't find a patch for (Got Soma Bringer, and I think Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, and Tales of Innocence have working patches, I just need to fiddle).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:
Michael-5 said:

Michael-5 said:

Yes, that's true, and I was thinking that was inspiration for the game (actually I think I read an article stating that it was), but that doesn't explain how a big bang makes a new universe with those 3 as gods, and how they can manipulate the universe so easily, making beings just out of imagination.

I get where you're coming from. It does ask that the player takes a lot of things on faith. I was prepared to do so, mostly because I thought the concept was cool and I'm used to video game stories requiring leaps of logic, but I can understand that for some it's too big a leap.

Btw, did any of you find this hilarious hidden scene when playing TLS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOnwnwiqnKE

I love how the game has so many little easter eggs like this.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I get where you're coming from. It does ask that the player takes a lot of things on faith. I was prepared to do so, mostly because I thought the concept was cool and I'm used to video game stories requiring leaps of logic, but I can understand that for some it's too big a leap.

It was a big leap of faith, but it's still excellent. BTW I didn't see that scene, it's pretty funny, but did you see this one? Just watch the first minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONYC4HoNdgY

Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:

It was a big leap of faith, but it's still excellent. BTW I didn't see that scene, it's pretty funny, but did you see this one? Just watch the first minute.

Yeah, I did see that one. These hilarious little tidbits are one of my favourite things about the game. Syrenne and Lisa in the bathtub was also a great one, haha.

curl-6 said:
Michael-5 said:
curl-6 said:

I didn't see that scene, it's pretty funny, but did you see this one? Just watch the first minute.

Yeah, I did see that one. These hilarious little tidbits are one of my favourite things about the game. Syrenne and Lisa in the bathtub was also a great one, haha.

Yea, well Lost Odyssey also had little tidbits like this as well. I'm really looking forward to my playthrough of Soma Bringer, I hope it has some potty humour like this as well.

Played it a bit yesterday, at first I was scared cause my Wii didn't read the disc, the same thing happened with Xenoblade, but after a few tries it finally read it. Just played it an hour or so, until the fight with the "tiger". I'm liking it so far but I don't like the voices while you're playing, is a bit distracting to me. Other than that it looks like a good game.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Went through the Knight Trials, and then the Sea Caves. It confused the hell out of me that the last sidequest with Horace (the one in the well) is actually chapter 24, but i did that a long time ago, since the Sea Cave is chapter 25, then the next story chapter is 26 (which i ventured into before turning back to an older save).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.