By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6: expect info soon but but don't expect a launch window

Tagged games:

It kind of sucks... Gran Turismo 5 was a beautiful game, but I get bored with racing sims. I want to like it, but for me, it just doesn't compare to arcade racing. I need the adrenaline.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Gt6 will be on ps3, gt7 will be on ps4 with in the first year. What most people here don't understand is, the cars are modeled well beyond what the ps3 can Handel. Hell they had gt5 running at 4k resolution. From here on out it's going to be copy and paste, adding new tracks on social features.

The premium cars in GT5 are the best modeled cars Ive seen in any racegame. They have more than 200 of them. If they add another 200 for GT6 and make it a game with only 400 cars I'd be happy with it, they should spend more time with the racet

They are modeled very well, down to every last nut in bolt, exhaust pipe and hanger. Even the fabric under the seat. Why would it need to go this far? One it's future proofing the model. Two, when real damage comes into play, have each part model will help with the most realistic damage possible. The damage modeling in any game to date is a complete joke. And this is coming from some one who fixed wrecked cars for over 10 years.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Turkish said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Gt6 will be on ps3, gt7 will be on ps4 with in the first year. What most people here don't understand is, the cars are modeled well beyond what the ps3 can Handel. Hell they had gt5 running at 4k resolution. From here on out it's going to be copy and paste, adding new tracks on social features.

The premium cars in GT5 are the best modeled cars Ive seen in any racegame. They have more than 200 of them. If they add another 200 for GT6 and make it a game with only 400 cars I'd be happy with it, they should spend more time with the racet

They are modeled very well, down to every last nut in bolt, exhaust pipe and hanger. Even the fabric under the seat. Why would it need to go this far? One it's future proofing the model. Two, when real damage comes into play, have each part model will help with the most realistic damage possible. The damage modeling in any game to date is a complete joke. And this is coming from some one who fixed wrecked cars for over 10 years.

It really is insane. 

So that's a confirmed launch in 2016? I doubt they will launch a full fledged GT game late in the PS3's life cycle, and unless the PS4 gets announced next year, it would make more sense for Polyphony to wait. 

Sal.Paradise said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Turkish said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

It really is insane. 

Crazy!

Around the Network

Where the heck is that from?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

mysticwolf said:
It kind of sucks... Gran Turismo 5 was a beautiful game, but I get bored with racing sims. I want to like it, but for me, it just doesn't compare to arcade racing. I need the adrenaline.

Yeah me too. Altough every Playstation gamer needs Gran Tourismo

mysticwolf said:

GT5 has given me more adrenaline rush then any other racer, online that is. Single player part is mostly a snooze fest.
I wonder if GT6 will have a 2160p mode, they're crazy enough to do something like that if only just for a test track.

KylieDog said:
They need to bloody well fire the idiot that decided 90% of the races in the game need last 15 minutes or more. It is not fun when every race ends up a grind.

Then don't play racing games. You should know very well what you get into with GT.

Sal.Paradise said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Turkish said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

It really is insane. 

Holy shit, GT5 is insane.