By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6: expect info soon but but don't expect a launch window

Tagged games:

ganoncrotch said:
AndrewWK said:
OK maybe the PS4 is really coming sooner then I expected.

because gran turismo games aren't known to take 6 years to make, so yeah could expect this sometime between now and... 2018? :D

GT 4: 2004

Tourist Trophy: 2006

GT5 Prologue: 2007

GT PSP: 2009

GT5: 2010

I count three GT games, a separate racing game (Tourist Trophy) and a GT Prologue release in those 6 years. Not sure what you're on about. 

Around the Network

Now the question is which will get it's release date and come out first GT6 or FF13 Versus.

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Now the question is which will get it's release date and come out first GT6 or FF13 Versus.

I am sure GT6 will release someday, not so sure abot FF13 Versus.

ganoncrotch said:
AndrewWK said:

because gran turismo games aren't known to take 6 years to make, so yeah could expect this sometime between now and... 2018? :D

As someone already put you in your place, there have been many other games since GT4, so no GT5 didnt take 5 or 6 years to make.

Dgc1808 said:
If it's a PS3 title I will face-palm SOOO hard.

Yeah I will facepalm so hard that i'll break my nose.

Around the Network

I'd prefer they don't announce anything until they are sure it will be out that same year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Turkish said:
ganoncrotch said:
AndrewWK said:

As someone already put you in your place, there have been many other games since GT4, so no GT5 didnt take 5 or 6 years to make.

From GT5s wiki - The game was first revealed at E3 2005 under the name Vision Gran Turismo.

Also from there - Release date(s) NA November 24, 2010[1]
EU November 24, 2010[2]
AU November 25, 2010[3]
JP November 25, 2010[4]

Sorry the last numbered GranTurismo game was only 5 years and 11 months in developement you are right I have rightly been put in my place.

as for that abomination of a game on the PSP a handful of models from the ps2 mixed up with 0 of the actual Simulation mode of gran turismo is just a husk compared to any of the actual numbered games, nothing other than the name is the glorious games that gran turismo are. Please don't get me wrong I absolutely love the francise they are up there with the most play time ever lost to my ps1/2/3 but the wait for the last one was over the top.

As for facepalming if there was another GT game on the ps3? why, the hardware is more than capable of rendering near picture perfect racing simulator, the only bad looking shots you seen from GT5 on the ps3 were people linking pics from the older models they included.... would be like people posting screenies of game and watch from Smash brothers and saying that was the graphic lvl the game was on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TT Makaveli said:

release it as a PS4 launch title or very early in the PS4 lifespan...releasing the first full GT on a Sony console after 4 years just isnt right...

also this time they should release a finished game...when GT5 was out you could see it wasnt that ready...

and Ajescent...2 of us interested in the series? u kidding right? this is (still) the biggest Sony franchise...this is like if a Nintendo boy says "for the 2 of us interested in the Mario series"...it isnt as big and good as it was but still the biggest (non-kiddie) racing name in the game...

Entered to say something similar. Launch title for PSFourth and no Spec" bullshit. Next generation will be rough, especially for Sony with those loses and a heay hitter that still sells millions should be there to make those gamers go out and buy.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Been saying this should be a launch title for PS4 alongside Killzone 4/Uncharted 4 for some time. Still hope it is, it'll shift some serious hardware. Not sure what they'd have to gain from releasing it on the PS3 at this point.

BasilZero said:
inb4TheLastGuardianTurismo

I havent played GT since GT1 on PS1 l0l

I cant wait to get GT5 (Academy Edition?) when it comes out.

GT5 looked amazing from the videos I saw, man imagine GT6, insane!

I bet that as much as awesome as the cars will look, the crowd and tress will still be flat.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1