By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 6: expect info soon but but don't expect a launch window

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
BasilZero said:
inb4TheLastGuardianTurismo

I havent played GT since GT1 on PS1 l0l

I cant wait to get GT5 (Academy Edition?) when it comes out.

GT5 looked amazing from the videos I saw, man imagine GT6, insane!

I bet that as much as awesome as the cars will look, the crowd and tress will still be flat.

Possibly, but I'll probably be so mesmerized with the cars and the environment to even care about the audience o.o.

By now, seeing as even the PS3 is a powerful beast and GTV still had flat backgrounds, I think Poly just wants to make a trademark out of it, like making flat environs a GT thing.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
TT Makaveli said:

release it as a PS4 launch title or very early in the PS4 lifespan...releasing the first full GT on a Sony console after 4 years just isnt right...

also this time they should release a finished game...when GT5 was out you could see it wasnt that ready...

and Ajescent...2 of us interested in the series? u kidding right? this is (still) the biggest Sony franchise...this is like if a Nintendo boy says "for the 2 of us interested in the Mario series"...it isnt as big and good as it was but still the biggest (non-kiddie) racing name in the game...

Entered to say something similar. Launch title for PSFourth and no Spec" bullshit. Next generation will be rough, especially for Sony with those loses and a heay hitter that still sells millions should be there to make those gamers go out and buy.

Sony might have lost a bit of money this generation from gaming because of a few odd choices, but they still are worth 167billion dollars the money they lost in gaming is peanuts really in the bigger picture and it's still paying back with the ps3 selling now more than ever and costing less to make than before. Like I said to say someone lost a few million could be a big thing... if they weren't worth that many billion, it's not like they're living it rough :D sony are like skynet tbh learning computer, wont be seeing the same lil mistakes at launch of the ps4 that were seen at the ps3.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

well if we go by the 6 year development time, it would be 2016. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they started working on gt6 right after 5. And guessing the ps4 will release late 2013/ early 2014, I would be shocked if it was a launch title.

I just want good support for gt5, there is no need for gt6 on ps3. When I say good support I mean 3.0 update with free premium cars and such.

Gt6 will be on ps3, gt7 will be on ps4 with in the first year. What most people here don't understand is, the cars are modeled well beyond what the ps3 can Handel. Hell they had gt5 running at 4k resolution. From here on out it's going to be copy and paste, adding new tracks on social features.

ganoncrotch said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
TT Makaveli said:

release it as a PS4 launch title or very early in the PS4 lifespan...releasing the first full GT on a Sony console after 4 years just isnt right...

also this time they should release a finished game...when GT5 was out you could see it wasnt that ready...

and Ajescent...2 of us interested in the series? u kidding right? this is (still) the biggest Sony franchise...this is like if a Nintendo boy says "for the 2 of us interested in the Mario series"...it isnt as big and good as it was but still the biggest (non-kiddie) racing name in the game...

Entered to say something similar. Launch title for PSFourth and no Spec" bullshit. Next generation will be rough, especially for Sony with those loses and a heay hitter that still sells millions should be there to make those gamers go out and buy.

Sony might have lost a bit of money this generation from gaming because of a few odd choices, but they still are worth 167billion dollars the money they lost in gaming is peanuts really in the bigger picture and it's still paying back with the ps3 selling now more than ever and costing less to make than before. Like I said to say someone lost a few million could be a big thing... if they weren't worth that many billion, it's not like they're living it rough :D sony are like skynet tbh learning computer, wont be seeing the same lil mistakes at launch of the ps4 that were seen at the ps3.

Sony as a company has had a rough couple of years the entire company has had problems it is not relagated to just the gaming division.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Gt6 will be on ps3, gt7 will be on ps4 with in the first year. What most people here don't understand is, the cars are modeled well beyond what the ps3 can Handel. Hell they had gt5 running at 4k resolution. From here on out it's going to be copy and paste, adding new tracks on social features.

The premium cars in GT5 are the best modeled cars Ive seen in any racegame. They have more than 200 of them. If they add another 200 for GT6 and make it a game with only 400 cars I'd be happy with it, they should spend more time with the racetracks.

Sal.Paradise said:
ganoncrotch said:
AndrewWK said:
OK maybe the PS4 is really coming sooner then I expected.

because gran turismo games aren't known to take 6 years to make, so yeah could expect this sometime between now and... 2018? :D

GT 4: 2004

Tourist Trophy: 2006

GT5 Prologue: 2007

GT PSP: 2009

GT5: 2010

I count three GT games, a separate racing game (Tourist Trophy) and a GT Prologue release in those 6 years. Not sure what you're on about. 

I guess he's referring to the distance between the last two main titles of the series, 4 and 5. But we could expect GT6P in 2013 or 2014 (depending more on PS4 launch than dev times, as in 2013 the Prologue version should be ready without any problem).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Dgc1808 said:
If it's a PS3 title I will face-palm SOOO hard.

GT5 still sells really well (or at leats it was doing last Christmas, was quite surprised how many people bought it from the store I was working it and that wasn't a game-centric retailer). Bet many at Sony will be doing the same thing if they do, as then GT7 would be so late to the PS4 party. Figure if GT6 releases around the time Halo 3 did for the Xbox 360 (1 year after the console launches) it will be far more successful.

Turkish said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

The premium cars in GT5 are the best modeled cars Ive seen in any racegame. They have more than 200 of them. If they add another 200 for GT6 and make it a game with only 400 cars I'd be happy with it, they should spend more time with the racetracks.

If they reduce the amount of cars to 400 the game will have only GTR's, lancers, RX7's, imprezas and miatas.

GT5 have over 1000 cars and the amount of great cars they are mising is incredible.

And their performance doesn't reflect their real life performance...

Gran Turismo 5 with a wheel is easily the best racing experience I have had, I really enjoyed GT5 and I',m looking forward to GT6 on the next Playstation.