Will you be upgrading?

Yes 9 31.03%

No 13 44.83%

Why? 7 24.14%

Total:29
lilbroex said:
JEMC said:
lilbroex said:
How does this think stack up against the 560 Ti.

Anandtech has a very handy tool to compare different products. Here's the comparison between the 2 cards:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=647

seems this is only marginally better in DX11 games for nearly 3 times the cost. Everything else, the 560 Ti seems to be better at. I shall certainly be passing this one up.

Not sure what you mean, but a few things:

The 660Ti is a solid card for it's price.It's ~$299 for 2Gb of ram; the 560Ti is ~$220 for 1GB of Ram. Not 3x the price.

It's a notable jump between the two cards compared in the link. The 660Ti is better than the 560Ti. Benchmarks show it's roughly at the level of a GTX580.

If you have a 560Ti, then you wouldn't need to upgrade to 660Ti unless you consider yourself an "enthusiast". In that case, look at the GTX670.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
lilbroex said:
JEMC said:
lilbroex said:

Anandtech has a very handy tool to compare different products. Here's the comparison between the 2 cards:

seems this is only marginally better in DX11 games for nearly 3 times the cost. Everything else, the 560 Ti seems to be better at. I shall certainly be passing this one up.

As Solid-Stark said, the 660Ti is a good card, it has the performance of a GTX 580 with almost half the power consumption and half price.

As a rule, it's not worth upgrading your card until at least 2 gens have been launched as the performance increase is not worth its price. So if you have a 560 Ti, then it's better to wait for the 760 or the 860 (or AMD equivalents).

Or you can use Tom's Hardware hierarchy chart (this one is from before the 660Ti was launched), in which even they recomend not to upgrade your card unless the new one is at least 3 tiers higher. For a 560Ti that would mean a GTX670 / HD7970.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This is certainly not making me regret my purchase of my 670. I think it is probably better to get one of the cheaper 670s rather than this card, the small price increase should bring a good performance increase

Who would buy it if there is AMD 7950 for $ 350

BobbyFLore said:
Who would buy it if there is AMD 7950 for $ 350

And who would buy a 7950 for $350 when you can buy a 7970 for less?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=146707&page=1

Welcome to the site, btw.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
lilbroex said:
JEMC said:
lilbroex said:

The 660Ti is a solid card for it's price.It's ~$299 for 2Gb of ram; the 560Ti is ~$220 for 1GB of Ram. Not 3x the price.

It's a notable jump between the two cards compared in the link. The 660Ti is better than the 560Ti. Benchmarks show it's roughly at the level of a GTX580.

If you have a 560Ti, then you wouldn't need to upgrade to 660Ti unless you consider yourself an "enthusiast". In that case, look at the GTX670.

I got mine brand new for $130.

lilbroex said:
Solid-Stark said:
lilbroex said:
JEMC said:
lilbroex said:

I got mine brand new for $130.

Sure in your case, only part of your statement becomes true. But $130 isn't msrp. 

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)