By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia GTX660Ti Released

Tagged games:

Will you be upgrading?

Yes 9 31.03%

No 13 44.83%

Why? 7 24.14%

Total:29

If I can get a 660 for 350 or a 670 for 390 should I go for the 670?

Around the Network

Very sneaky of nVidia to make it just good enough to beat ATI, it's disgusting really, from a consumer perspective. They are trying to gouge as much cash as possible by inventing market segments at will.

Panama said:

100% a 670 - no questions asked!

Panama said:

It depends on what games do you play, what resolution, how long until you upgrade again, etc.

But for "only" 40 $/€ more, I'll go with the 670.

OT: It's a nice card, a little faster than a 580 with a nice power consumption (although I was expecting it to be a bit lower), but this gen of cards has gone wild with their prices.

When I bought my 5850, about 4 months after launch, I got the second best/newest AMD card and the 3/4th fastest single GPU card of its time for 250 €. Not a bad deal. Now for 250 € I could only get a 7850, the 5th card from AMD (7970 GHz, 7970, 7950 and 7870 are faster) or a 560Ti, maybe a 570 from Nvidia.

They have gone mad!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Panama said:

It depends on what games do you play, what resolution, how long until you upgrade again, etc.

But for "only" 40 $/€ more, I'll go with the 670.

OT: It's a nice card, a little faster than a 580 with a nice power consumption (although I was expecting it to be a bit lower), but this gen of cards has gone wild with their prices.

When I bought my 5850, about 4 months after launch, I got the second best/newest AMD card and the 3/4th fastest single GPU card of its time for 250 €. Not a bad deal. Now for 250 € I could only get a 7850, the 5th card from AMD (7970 GHz, 7970, 7950 and 7870 are faster) or a 560Ti, maybe a 570 from Nvidia.

They have gone mad!

That's why I haven't upgraded from my 6850. :/

Around the Network

For a guy that knows nada about these kind of things.....

What would be a better choice?

A GTX 580 or a GTX 660Ti

I plan for it to last 2-3 years.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:

A GTX 580 or a GTX 660Ti

Given that they are priced somewhat similar (well, at least here in Spain where they are between 20-30 €), I'll go with the 660Ti. It's faster, uses less power and almost everyone is selling them with a factory overclock and a 3rd party cooler that should make it quieter and cooler.

Just wait a few weeks until the price gets more stable across stores and manufacturers and, hopefully, a little lower.

Just my 2 cents.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
_crazy_man_ said:

A GTX 580 or a GTX 660Ti

Given that they are priced somewhat similar (well, at least here in Spain where they are between 20-30 €), I'll go with the 660Ti. It's faster, uses less power and almost everyone is selling them with a factory overclock and a 3rd party cooler that should make it quieter and cooler.

Just wait a few weeks until the price gets more stable across stores and manufacturers and, hopefully, a little lower.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input.

Where would you suggest buying this beauty?

I usually buy my computer parts from Microcenter but they do not seem to be carrying 660Ti's atm.  Any suggestions?  Cause from what I've seen so far there has been no mention of 3rd party coolers or overcloaked from the sales on the interwebs.

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:

This is a good card. But it's kind of stuck in no mans land if you ask me. It's not dirt cheap yet that you can buy it and feel like you got a bargain and it doesn't offer killer performance you wouldn't expect when spending 300 bucks on a video card. 

That's how I felt when I first heard about it. However, if I wasn't going all out on power, this might be up my alley.

Yeah I don't think anyone would say this is a bad buy. This is essentually an enthusiast card for an enthusiast price with 2 better cards available from the same manufacturer for a little more... so to me it comes across as a hard sell for enthusiasts and budget gamers at the same time. :)

Found one on Newegg at these speeds:

• Core Clock: 1032MHz
  • Boost Clock: 1111MHz

For $319 + $7.56 shipping.  Worth it?

Also should I get a $33-$60 warranty?   Out of all the years I've had computers I've only had harddrives and OS crashes.