By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Former Vigil dev calls Wii U a "$400 360 seven years late" - UPDATED!!

Is he right?

Yes 135 41.54%

No 190 58.46%

Total:325
NintendoPie said:
ryuzaki57 said:
I like this guy

I'm not very surprised.

@HappyD. But, why? He obviously hates everything having to do with modern gaming?

He seems to hate everything having to do with big game developers and the way they handle deliveries. That probably explains why he went indie and wants to set up shop on a volcano.

Around the Network

Well, i guess we can all agree the guy is a douche, and not a very smart one at that.

The arrogance level on him is uncanny since he himself is pretty bad aswell. Laughable atempt at boot licking microsoft for a job maybe?

he should do the right thing and sue whomever cut his hair

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

theARTIST0017 said:
kitler53 said:
the guy's quote is far less of a troll than the thread title would suggest.

what i got out of this is that customers will be compelled to buy a wii U because of the tablet and as such will expect games that utilize that tablet in a meaningful way. currently, the games being developed (announced) hardly use it. moving the equipment screen or having a touch screen button in place of a physical button doesn't really count because it doesn't actually innovate the gameplay.

he's not saying the gamepad can't be innovative, he's saying publishers aren't being innovative. from what i've seen announced so far i can hardly disagree. nintendoland seems to be the only game truly designed for the wii U.

clever. your post makes my OP seem attacking but whether or not he thinks games should take advantage of the gamepad or not does not excuse nor justify his words! He DID call the Wii U a late 360 which doesn't make sense anyway you look at it. All I'm saying is, yes he's entitled to his own opinion but he did troll on Nintendo a bit.

..and if publishers only create direct port of ps360 games for wii U without any meaningful support of the wii U gamepad then he would be right.  are you planning to buy a wii U just for a straight ports of AC3, batman AC, CoD Blops, bioshock infinite, GTA5, mass effect 3, ect..?  Or, are you planning to buy a wii U for new, unique gaming experiences that cannot be done on a ps360?  if your answer is the former then you are buying an expensive 360 seven years late..

in regards to the OP i believe the technical term is gaffe.  out of context it sounds horrible.  so don't use it out of context just to get yourself worked up.

kitler53 said:
theARTIST0017 said:
kitler53 said:
the guy's quote is far less of a troll than the thread title would suggest.

what i got out of this is that customers will be compelled to buy a wii U because of the tablet and as such will expect games that utilize that tablet in a meaningful way. currently, the games being developed (announced) hardly use it. moving the equipment screen or having a touch screen button in place of a physical button doesn't really count because it doesn't actually innovate the gameplay.

he's not saying the gamepad can't be innovative, he's saying publishers aren't being innovative. from what i've seen announced so far i can hardly disagree. nintendoland seems to be the only game truly designed for the wii U.

clever. your post makes my OP seem attacking but whether or not he thinks games should take advantage of the gamepad or not does not excuse nor justify his words! He DID call the Wii U a late 360 which doesn't make sense anyway you look at it. All I'm saying is, yes he's entitled to his own opinion but he did troll on Nintendo a bit.

..and if publishers only create direct port of ps360 games for wii U without any meaningful support of the wii U gamepad then he would be right.  are you planning to buy a wii U just for a straight ports of AC3, batman AC, CoD Blops, bioshock infinite, GTA5, mass effect 3, ect..?  Or, are you planning to buy a wii U for new, unique gaming experiences that cannot be done on a ps360?  if your answer is the former then you are buying an expensive 360 seven years late..

in regards to the OP i believe the technical term is gaffe.  out of context it sounds horrible.  so don't use it out of context just to get yourself worked up.

He may be right, but to be fair I've never owned a PS3 or a 360 and was planning on buying a couple of those games you mentioned, and this can be true to Nintendo's audience who only had Wii. So yes PS360 may have had those games, but it's new to us. The 7 years things is a bit exaggerated because games like AC, Batman and Mass Effect 3 have not been out for even half that long.

Now if these publishers create a direct port without support for gamepad then I hate to admit it, but he's right. But its not what he said, it was the way he said it that made me kind of look at it like , WhAT? But I think we can all agree that some of these ports use the gamepad in smart, and meaningful ways right? Batman for example.

One more food for thought and this just came up to me as I am typing, it may not be an expensive 360 late because of the 1st/2nd party  (Nintendo) games, a very unique thing 360 never had so I guess that right there makes it all worth it!!!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:
ryuzaki57 said:
I like this guy

I'm not very surprised.

@HappyD. But, why? He obviously hates everything having to do with modern gaming?

He seems to hate everything having to do with big game developers and the way they handle deliveries. That probably explains why he went indie and wants to set up shop on a volcano.

Lol, that was pretty funny. xD

Nothing more indie than setting up shop on a Volcano!

NintendoPie said:

Lol, that was pretty funny. xD

Nothing more indie than setting up shop on a Volcano!

It'll keep them on their toes that's for sure. :3

Wii U looks to be a well designed system......for this generation. Once again I think Nintendo has opted to have one foot in this gen and a toe in the next. It doesn't seem to be the "Next Big Thing" I am expecting of NG. Its Wii 2.0 which simply makes it on par with what is already offered with PS3 and 360.
-Most of the games I saw for it....ports.
-Gimmicky just like the Wii, this is not to say it won't be popular just like Wii.
-Graphics barely above current gen
-Not an over all fan of Nintendo franchises from jump and not seeing a new, more adult IP for it that is going to change that any time soon.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Hilarious. This dude got fired after 90 days working on a game for documented poor performance, and never worked on Wii U. He may as well have been some kid in his parents' basement talking this baseless crap. What a foolish, foolish person who has ruined his chances of ever getting a decent job again.

forevercloud3000 said:
Wii U looks to be a well designed system......for this generation. Once again I think Nintendo has opted to have one foot in this gen and a toe in the next. It doesn't seem to be the "Next Big Thing" I am expecting of NG. Its Wii 2.0 which simply makes it on par with what is already offered with PS3 and 360.
-Most of the games I saw for it....ports.
-Gimmicky just like the Wii, this is not to say it won't be popular just like Wii.
-Graphics barely above current gen
-Not an over all fan of Nintendo franchises from jump and not seeing a new, more adult IP for it that is going to change that any time soon.

A lot of these things could be solved by having the system on the market for at least a year, and it's not even out yet.