By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Last of Us Artwork, Gamescom Trailer, screens, and gif'd for your pleasure.

*just shootin' some birds..OH SHI-HMPRGPHPHHHP*

Around the Network

I don't know if I can go through another scripted ND game. When I got to the end of UC2 I should be rushing out to get UC3, but its been 2 months since I finished it and I have yet to pick it up, even with ample opportunity. Im worried that it looks to be even more bits where Im not doing anything with my controller yet my character is moving then all of a sudden I get control back.

I'll definitely give it a shot, but why don't ND let me choose to dodge and flinch from the fire bomb thrown instead of script it?

UC1 was still my Fave ND game yet because of the detachment cinematic feel road they have gone down.

Watchdogs for example is imo how Last Of us should be done. Cinematic yet still having 100% control.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
I don't know if I can go through another scripted ND game. When I got to the end of UC2 I should be rushing out to get UC3, but its been 2 months since I finished it and I have yet to pick it up, even with ample opportunity. Im worried that it looks to be even more bits where Im not doing anything with my controller yet my character is moving then all of a sudden I get control back.

I'll definitely give it a shot, but why don't ND let me choose to dodge and flinch from the fire bomb thrown instead of script it?

UC1 was still my Fave ND game yet because of the detachment cinematic feel road they have gone down.

Watchdogs for example is imo how Last Of us should be done. Cinematic yet still having 100% control.

Those who play ND's games are looking for those types of experiences, or they shouldn't play them. I don't want Watch Dog-like features in The Last Of Us, nor for it to be more like Watch Dogs. I want to play it the way the developer envisioned it to be played.

It's a cinematic experience and I'm glad it exists. If I want to play something with more "game-play", I'll look for it elsewhere. 

I get cinematic experiences.

Imagine the being on the train in UC2 and when the carrige derails and flips instead of switching to a cutscene it would have been more immersive and gobsmacking if you just made it to flick the camera around yourself to see te carrige rolling towards you then smash into the tunnel. Much more intense. Same experience but better. Although it probably wouldnt have had quite the same visuals and damage, but more immersive nonetheless.

I didnt mean use the same systems as Watchdogs, but for example when the character is fighting near the gas station it felt so cinemtaic, then boom goes the gas station. So impressive and immersive instead of taking the control away showing it then giving control back. Watchdogs was probably the most impressive immersive cineamatic experience Ive ever seen in a game. Truly astounding.

just imagine that scaled pic with a resolution of 10k x 6k would run on a real pc or whatever, damn which rig would you need for that^^

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

Those who play ND's games are looking for those types of experiences, or they shouldn't play them. I don't want Watch Dog-like features in The Last Of Us, nor for it to be more like Watch Dogs. I want to play it the way the developer envisioned it to be played.

It's a cinematic experience and I'm glad it exists. If I want to play something with more "game-play", I'll look for it elsewhere. 

I get cinematic experiences.

Imagine the being on the train in UC2 and when the carrige derails and flips instead of switching to a cutscene it would have been more immersive and gobsmacking if you just made it to flick the camera around yourself to see te carrige rolling towards you then smash into the tunnel. Much more intense. Same experience but better. Although it probably wouldnt have had quite the same visuals and damage, but more immersive nonetheless.

I didnt mean use the same systems as Watchdogs, but for example when the character is fighting near the gas station it felt so cinemtaic, then boom goes the gas station. So impressive and immersive instead of taking the control away showing it then giving control back. Watchdogs was probably the most impressive immersive cineamatic experience Ive ever seen in a game. Truly astounding.

Whilst true, there is a chance people might miss it entirely because they didn't realise they were meant to look at it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
selnor said:

Wow dude i mean some people are really stupid! this game is not scripted nor it's gonna be cinamatic as uncharted where did you get that idea? Uc1 is the worst in the series lol worst controls,worst shooting,repetitive enemies,dull melee combat yeah i know it's the first game of the trilogy but come on  

It looks amazing and great gif btw =)

sub-zero-TM said:
selnor said:

Wow dude i mean some people are really stupid! this game is not scripted nor it's gonna be cinamatic as uncharted where did you get that idea? Uc1 is the worst in the series lol worst controls,worst shooting,repetitive enemies,dull melee combat yeah i know it's the first game of the trilogy but come on  

It's going to be even more scripted and cinematic than Uncharted, which is very apparent if you watch the trailers and gameplay videos.

There really are saving the zombies for later.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Whats that song in the background?