By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Last of Us Artwork, Gamescom Trailer, screens, and gif'd for your pleasure.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
I don't know if I can go through another scripted ND game. When I got to the end of UC2 I should be rushing out to get UC3, but its been 2 months since I finished it and I have yet to pick it up, even with ample opportunity. Im worried that it looks to be even more bits where Im not doing anything with my controller yet my character is moving then all of a sudden I get control back.

I'll definitely give it a shot, but why don't ND let me choose to dodge and flinch from the fire bomb thrown instead of script it?

UC1 was still my Fave ND game yet because of the detachment cinematic feel road they have gone down.

Watchdogs for example is imo how Last Of us should be done. Cinematic yet still having 100% control.

Those who play ND's games are looking for those types of experiences, or they shouldn't play them. I don't want Watch Dog-like features in The Last Of Us, nor for it to be more like Watch Dogs. I want to play it the way the developer envisioned it to be played.

It's a cinematic experience and I'm glad it exists. If I want to play something with more "game-play", I'll look for it elsewhere. 

TBH I think I needed a slightly longer hiatus between UC2 and UC3. I definitely enjoyed playing UC3 much more second time around (to get the crushing trophy) after I'd put it away for a number of months. I probably would have really enjoyed my first play through iuf I'd bougth the game 3-6 months after release instead of day 1.

Although I had a similar, though to a much lower degree, reaction to Mass Effect 3, and I was fine wtih the ending so it wasn't that.  For me ME2 was pure win, whereas Mass Effect 3 was cool, but been there done that with ME2 for the most part. So UC is hardly unique as a game series where the awesomenss factor falls away a tad.

However I can't really relate to selnor's critique about passively watching some of the awesome cinematics in UC2. I thought it blended and balanced very well and was highly satisfying.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

again this looks superb...gonna be great playing that especially when the zombies arrives...i know how muched i loved the zombies in UV1 in the end and i was playing it in the dark...really creepy atmosphere...of course not like Silent Hill 1-3 or something like that...still great...and Naughty Dog will go more in the Survival/Horror direction something that many people wished for...love you guys!

for all those who loved the song as I do

Slimebeast said:
sub-zero-TM said:
selnor said:
I don't know if I can go through another scripted ND game. When I got to the end of UC2 I should be rushing out to get UC3, but its been 2 months since I finished it and I have yet to pick it up, even with ample opportunity. Im worried that it looks to be even more bits where Im not doing anything with my controller yet my character is moving then all of a sudden I get control back.

I'll definitely give it a shot, but why don't ND let me choose to dodge and flinch from the fire bomb thrown instead of script it?

UC1 was still my Fave ND game yet because of the detachment cinematic feel road they have gone down.

Watchdogs for example is imo how Last Of us should be done. Cinematic yet still having 100% control.

Wow dude i mean some people are really stupid! this game is not scripted nor it's gonna be cinamatic as uncharted where did you get that idea? Uc1 is the worst in the series lol worst controls,worst shooting,repetitive enemies,dull melee combat yeah i know it's the first game of the trilogy but come on  

It's going to be even more scripted and cinematic than Uncharted, which is very apparent if you watch the trailers and gameplay videos.

wow really haha look dude if Naughty Dog says it's not scripted then it's not tha fu.. do you guys know lol! and nothing is scripted in the gameplay videos this is a survival horror game not an action adventure game

sub-zero-TM said:
Slimebeast said:
sub-zero-TM said:
selnor said:

Wow dude i mean some people are really stupid! this game is not scripted nor it's gonna be cinamatic as uncharted where did you get that idea? Uc1 is the worst in the series lol worst controls,worst shooting,repetitive enemies,dull melee combat yeah i know it's the first game of the trilogy but come on  

It's going to be even more scripted and cinematic than Uncharted, which is very apparent if you watch the trailers and gameplay videos.

wow really haha look dude if Naughty Dog says it's not scripted then it's not tha fu.. do you guys know lol! and nothing is scripted in the gameplay videos this is a survival horror game not an action adventure game

The gameplay video speaks for itself no matter what ND said during E3 (which btw was wrongly interpreted).

Anyway, you can't honestly believe The Last of us will ve a survival horror game, can you? I can't imagine it being labeled as anything else than an action adventure game with some survival nuances.

Around the Network

Some people need to get out of these threads.

My favorite games this gen are all games like MGS4. GoW3, UC3&2, Heavy Rain...

MGS4 has several hours of cinematics. Some on rail moments and more.

GoW3 are mostly of the insane boss battles that change the course of the fight.

Uncharted for the mother of god moments and jaw dropping scenarios that we just cant ever experience ourselves without losing a leg or both.

Is that all these games are loved for? Heeell no.

The cinematic moments is what I love to replay a gazillion times. I cant tell you how many times I have crashed in the Rub al Khali, how many times I've escaped a sinking ship, how many times I've walked in the desert...

How many times I've fought my "brother" / his doppleganger. How many times I've had the pleasure of riding with Eva. How many times I've infiltrated Outerhaven, crawled in a microwave chamber and visited Shadow moses.

How many times I've ripped Helios' head off. How many times I've cut the legs of Hermes. How many times I've bashed Hercules skull, fucked Aphrodite and slaughtered Zeus.

I love my cinematic linear experiences that allow me to play, while yet having the thrill and quality of a blockbuster movie. Losing control to see where the developers have created for art is my primary love about video games. The transition varies between devs, and where games have failed to do it well, some have succeded. Naughty Dog, SSM & Kojima Pro have me all be so thankful.

I cant wait to start the TLOU experience.

This and Beyond: Two souls are two games I am dying to play.

looking at some of the things others get banned for i'm personally beginning to wonder how slimebeast hasn't been banned yet for derailing these threads

Okay, at first, it was interesting, but now it's getting annoying. If you don't prefer linearity, then why do you constantly enter threads for games based on linearity? You know what its about and you know you don't like it, so why enter? I've never understood the reasoning behind constantly entering a thread about a game you know beforehand you don't like. I can understand doing it occasionally just to get your opinion out, but when you do it every and every again, it gets annoying.

That would be like me entering every Racing simulator thread over and over again saying, "I don't like racing sims", "I prefer arcade racers", "Racing some are inferior for 1, 2, & 3." It would be okay the first few times just to get my opinion out there. But doing it in virtually every thread I see would be excessive, to say the least.

Ooh!! that last picture!! I'm taking that and putting it as my background.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash