By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
man-bear-pig said:
Regarding Taylor, her popularity has been on a downward trend since fearless, and will continue to decrease because as she gets older she will lose her appeal to the millions of American children who love her so much. I predict 3.5 million in US sales for her upcoming album, and 2 million for the one after that.

It's obviously not on a downward trend. The new song now has the record for fastest #1 on iTunes. People very much are still shelling out money for her.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Actually Taylor Swift has the most profitable concert tour by a female artist in 2011.

http://www.billboard.com/features/top-25-tours-of-2011-1005641362.story#/features/top-25-tours-of-2011-1005641362.story

Exactly

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Regarding Taylor, her popularity has been on a downward trend since fearless, and will continue to decrease because as she gets older she will lose her appeal to the millions of American children who love her so much. I predict 3.5 million in US sales for her upcoming album, and 2 million for the one after that.

It's obviously not on a downward trend. The new song now has the record for fastest #1 on iTunes. People very much are still shelling out money for her.

Fearless (2008) sold 8.7 million...Speak now (2010) sold 5.7 million. That is a downwards trend

pezus said:
Ps3 said:
pezus said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:

Why not? You can do that. Soccer is irrelevant and is a woman's sport in the US. So, it's unfair to include US sales in that equation.

Who's being a sexist now?

I'm not being sexist. The sport is never going to happen here, and it's always the women's teams who have much more accomplishments.

The sport is happening in the US. You have noticed the USA national team, correct?

No, it's really not. Nobody cares about the sport at all. The main sports are Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey... Then there's Nascar which is middle America friendly only, then there's tennis, then there's bowling..... Then there's soccer.

Why are you calling that "nobody". The 7th biggest sport is pretty good, and I hear it is on the rise because of football (soccer) stars moving to America to play with American teams.

This is a Taylor Swift thread. We're discussing her insane success, not soccer. :P

man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Fearless (2008) sold 8.7 million...Speak now (2010) sold 5.7 million. That is a downwards trend

Every artist isn't going to oursell their previous work. If that were the case then every artist in on a downward trend.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
pezus said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:

Why not? You can do that. Soccer is irrelevant and is a woman's sport in the US. So, it's unfair to include US sales in that equation.

I'm not being sexist. The sport is never going to happen here, and it's always the women's teams who have much more accomplishments.

The sport is happening in the US. You have noticed the USA national team, correct?

No, it's really not. Nobody cares about the sport at all. The main sports are Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey... Then there's Nascar which is middle America friendly only, then there's tennis, then there's bowling..... Then there's soccer.

What about ping-pong?

Wait, what is this thread about again?

man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
pezus said:
Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:
Ps3 said:

What about ping-pong?

Wait, what is this thread about again?

lol

It's about "We're Never Ever Getting Back Together"

pezus said:
Ps3 said:
pezus said:
Ps3 said:
pezus said:

Why are you calling that "nobody". The 7th biggest sport is pretty good, and I hear it is on the rise because of football (soccer) stars moving to America to play with American teams.

This is a Taylor Swift thread. We're discussing her insane success, not soccer. :P

Well somebody brought up Gaga so why not Football as well?

A music artist, yes.. Soccer isn't musical.

Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Every artist isn't going to oursell their previous work. If that were the case then every artist in on a downward trend.

That's not true. Adele, for example, went from selling 6.5 million to 23 million, so she's on an upwards trend.

man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Ps3 said:
man-bear-pig said:

That's not true. Adele, for example, went from selling 6.5 million to 23 million, so she's on an upwards trend.

I didn't say it always can't be outdone, but do you think Adele's next album will really sell 24 mil +? I don't think so, I say like 15+. Especially since she's going to disappear for a little while. It really wasn't hard to outdo her first album. It sold well, but like 4 million, or 5ish?? That can easily be outdone. She just got pop support this past era, that's why.